Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2004 12:28:20 AM EDT
I was thinking about building an AR with Cav. Arms pink furniture to introduce my female non-shooter friends to the joys of the Black Rifle.  Do you think that the "Barbie" look woul make it more appeaing and/or less threatening, or would it just seem silly and condescending?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Oh.  I'm sorry.  Is that not what this forum is for?  Silly me.  Terribly embarassed.  My deepest, humblest apologies.  

Wow, I thought I was hard up.  Someone get this man a sheep before he explodes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I must have missed something.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Every time we went to the huge well known gun store in L.A. (think North Hollywood shootout) my wife was always drawn to the gray Steyr USR.   So in the late 90's, I bought her one for Christmas.   She got mad when I replaced it black plastic furniture.   Glad I kept the gray stuff...  

I have shown her the pink AR stuff, and she thinks its sissy-ish.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
mrs g has a pink AR--she should be along shortly and will gladly show it off

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Pink?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
 Is this a BS edit?

If it is on the level:  Mrs. G has a pink AR.  I think it has been referred to as the "pink lady".  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
addlepated.net/images/pinklady2.jpg

That's real purty.  Would I be correct in infering that that's painted furniture (as opposed to the Cav Arms stuff that come in pink)?

Will MrGloftoe shoot it, or is that like asking him to carry your purse?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
depends - does she like pink?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 Is this a BS edit?

If it is on the level:  Mrs. G has a pink AR.  I think it has been referred to as the "pink lady".  

Can't it be both?  A little late night tomfoolery that turned into a serious question?

I've been seriously considering the pink rifle for some time.  (Come to think of it, that sounds uncomfortably like "pink pistol."  "Pink lady" it is.)  

Anyway, I've done the DeWalt thing in yellow, and I have others in tan and green.  (Just because one is a gun nut doesn't mean that one cannot be color coordinated, after all.)  

I'm just wondering whether he "pink lady" would be worth doing, or if it would just be gay.

And if pink alone isn't bad enough, what about purple and pink?   A while back, someone posted a pic (a photoshop job, I think) of a AR (20" A@, IIRC) that had pink furniture and the metal parts painted purple.  I think it had a daisy painted on it too.  That's what I want to build, only in an M-4 configuration.  I think it was one badass firearm.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
depends - does she like pink?

She's a generic "she."  No one in particular at the moment.  Do generic "shes" like pink?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Is this a BS edit?

Can't it be both?  A little late night tomfoolery that turned into a serious question?

I've been seriously considering the pink rifle for some time.  (Come to think of it, that sounds uncomfortably like "pink pistol."  "Pink lady" it is.)  

Anyway, I've done the DeWalt thing in yellow, and I have others in tan and green.  (Just because one is a gun nut doesn't mean that one cannot be color coordinated, after all.)  

I'm just wondering whether he "pink lady" would be worth doing, or if it would just be gay.

And if pink alone isn't bad enough, what about purple and pink?   A while back, someone posted a pic (a photoshop job, I think) of a AR (20" A@, IIRC) that had pink furniture and the metal parts painted purple.  I think it had a daisy painted on it too.  That's what I want to build, only in an M-4 configuration.  I think it was one badass firearm.

The bARbie-15 wasn't a photoshop, ask Brass about it.  That was one kewl rifle.  I think the pink would be a good idea with the right woman, but she may just prefer black.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
P.S. Brasspile also painted the pink and purple AR that's lovingly known as the bARbie-15.  I got to play with it at Bulletfest - it looks smashing.

That one's right purty too, but it's not the one I was thinking of.  I think the one I'm thinking of had a daisy on the mag well. I think it had a peace sign too.  It was maybe more a hippie theme that Barbie, but it struck me as Barbie colors.

(Edited because I can't type.)
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Gloftoe has shot it in front of witnesses, even!  It's a sweet 9mm that's too much fun to say no to.

Yeah, and someone brought a fucking camera too.  Damn my luck!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think it had a peace sign too.  It was maybe more a hippie theme that Barbie, but it struck me as Barbie colors.

These?  I captured these images here about a year ago.   I don't remember who posted them.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it had a peace sign too.  It was maybe more a hippie theme that Barbie, but it struck me as Barbie colors.

These?  I captured these images here about a year ago.   I don't remember who posted them.
www.boomspeed.com/kisara/HippieStock9.jpg
www.boomspeed.com/kisara/HippieStock223.jpg

No.  As I remember it, it was purple metal and pink furniture (although I suppose it cpould have been the other way around), and it definitely had a peace sign on it.  I think.  And there was either the peace sign or a daisy on the mag well.

I'll bet if I start a new thread with an appropriate title, someone will post the picture.

Yeah.  That's what I'll do.

Then if someone posts it, I'll bring it back here and ask for opinions.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#20]
if she doesn't drive a pink car, don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gloftoe has shot it in front of witnesses, even!  It's a sweet 9mm that's too much fun to say no to.

Yeah, and someone brought a fucking camera too.  Damn my luck!

Someone really ought to post that pic.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:44:01 AM EDT
[#23]
This lady like my AR in original black, but I a not the norm either. I wanted mine just like I had in the Army,but with a whole lot less sloppiness.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:01:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I prefer my AR in black also. That isn't to say your lady friend won't like it in pink/purple.  If it's something you think you'll like no matter what happens with the womenz liking it, I say go for it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Is this a BS edit?

Yes, it may be both.  But the in me kinda wants to know what you erased.  

I think if you made a purty pink AR, it would at least be a perfect conversation piece.  And talking about it is the first step to assimilation.    
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Is this a BS edit?

Yes, it may be both.  But the in me kinda wants to know what you erased.  

I think if you made a purty pink AR, it would at least be a perfect conversation piece.  And talking about it is the first step to assimilation.  www.techhelpers.net/e4u/aliens/borg_assimilation_faces.gif  users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/angels/teu26.gif

The title was something like: "any of you ladies single in south Texas?", and the text is allready quoted in full in the second post.  He was being a BAAAAAD boy!    We should flog him.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The title was something like: "any of you ladies single in south Texas?", and the text is allready quoted in full in the second post.  He was being a BAAAAAD boy!    We should flog him.  

Actually, I think it was more like "Any single wiminz...."
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever....  Assume the position!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Troy suggested this one:

Artwork by DrZox.

It's not quite the way I remember it, but it probably the one I was thinking of.

I think I'll do one sort of like that.  Only a little pinker on the furniture and without the yellow circles.  I think it definitely needs the peace sign, heart and daisy, though.  

And in a carbine lenght with a telescoping stock.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever....  Assume the position!

To quote the artist formerly known as Cougar:

Hurt so good
Come on baby, make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should
You make it hurt so good
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Is this a BS edit?

You mean this one?

That's no photoshop image, John.  Brasspile painted this AR, but I can't seem to remember who owns it.  You're right, though; it IS one badass firearm .
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Is this a BS edit?

You mean this one?
img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Zoub/barbi15b.jpg

That's no photoshop image, John.  Brasspile painted this AR, but I can't seem to remember who owns it.  You're right, though; it IS one badass firearm .

That's not the one I had in mind, but I like the colors.  But I think I like the peace sign, heart, and flower from the one in my previous post (which now appears as a red "x" for reasons unknown).  

But apart from that, what say you, ladies, about the configuration?  I was thinking carnine lenght or M4 with a telestock and carry handle.  Should go for a flattop with a purple or pink Acog, Aimpoint, or EO Tech instead?  Something else entirely?

And if I paint a ARMS SIR pink, is it an ARMS MA'AM?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That is cool.  I cant wait to get mine built for Lexi!

Where did you get the non furniture parts in pink?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where did you get the non furniture parts in pink?

Brasspile painted all the pink you see, like the brass deflector, selector, mag release, Aimpoint button, etc.  

Thats cool I have the pink Cav Arms furniture already. If I could only find the paint to match......
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

She's a generic "she."  No one in particular at the moment.  Do generic "shes" like pink?

hmmmm. ... speaking as a generic 'she' (and with all due respect to the Mrs. G's Pink Lady)  if you're trying to 'soften' the look maybe you can go for browns and tans -- kinda the earthy look.  If a generic gun-nut was trying to get me interested in guns I'd take pink as condescending.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Did I tell you all that I LOVE pink??  Well, I happen to own not one, but two pink guns!  I personally think that every girl should have one, but that's just me.

Here are my babies:

Brassie's handiwork on the pistol.

That's an old pic..it now has a full length hand guard and a shortened stock.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top