Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 8:47:01 AM EDT
Went to the range and FINALLY got to shoot an AR!  It was sooooooo sweet!  Oh and the cute little holes it made in the target next to my .45....they were just darling little things.  Ain't they just the cutest?  

Anyway, I must have been pulling it in too tight or something because this morning I woke up and had little red speckles on my shoulder.  They look kinda like little tiny speckly hickies.  "the mark of the beast"  

I also got to shoot our .45, a friend's S&W .45, a S&W P25? (is that right?), and a ruger 9mm.  Woo hoo!

I'm having problems w/ our .45, 1 it shoots a bit low and 2 I know it and "think" about it too much and over-correct, then under correct, then over correct - the target looks like it was hit with a shotgun.    Did the best when I went out to kill the last few rounds and was just shooting for the fun of it - less thinking - they all hit across the upper chest.  go figure.

Wasn't too bad w/ all the other guns.  And the AR was best of all!!!!! My pattern was less than a 3" diameter.  hee hee

Now I need to get a sign:

Will work for ammo.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Good time to get some trigger time...on Monday you may have to deal with unruly minions....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Will work for ammo, eeh???

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#4]
That sounds like fun!  One of the benefits of being a lady is that the guys at the range usually fall all over themselves to let you shoot their guns, at least in my experience.  I need to ditch the kids with Daddy one weekend soon and go blast some paper.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That sounds like fun!  One of the benefits of being a lady is that the guys at the range usually fall all over themselves to let you shoot their guns, at least in my experience.   I need to ditch the kids with Daddy one weekend soon and go blast some paper.  

No joke!  Here's a couple of examples:

Instruction by brasspile:

Shooting his AR:

Instruction by QS:

Shooting his AR:

Honestly, all the arfcom guys I've met are so very generous with their time and their guns.
Once again, I send them all a huge THANKS for making me feel so welcome!

GC

Edited immediately to add:  This is Grateful_Cowgirl, not Zoub!  
Guess he (once again) forgot to sign out after he last used my computer.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats HOT!
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm having problems w/ our .45, 1 it shoots a bit low and 2 I know it and "think" about it too much and over-correct, then under correct, then over correct - the target looks like it was hit with a shotgun.    Did the best when I went out to kill the last few rounds and was just shooting for the fun of it - less thinking - they all hit across the upper chest.  go figure.
<snip>
Now I need to get a sign:

Will work for ammo.

Shooting low (and to the left?) is almost always a sign of anticipating the recoil and flinching. Whenever I shoot too fast and don't focus on the front sight, I pull my shots low left. I start thinking that maybe the sights are off, until I slow and and voila - the shots magically hit where I'm aiming at.

Nothing to do but practice.

Practice takes ammo.

What kind of work do you do?  

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#8]
She said CUTE.
you can't say cute when refering to an AR.
thats just not right.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One of the benefits of being a lady is that the guys at the range usually fall all over themselves to let you shoot their guns, at least in my experience.

Uh oh, guys, they're on to us!

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I tend to flinch, but it doesn't pull my shots down.  I don't know any other way to recover quickly so I find my self pulling down when the gun goes click instead of pop.  Usually only with revolvers though because I can see and feel when the slide is locked open on semi-autos.

If you still have your targets look at far back the paper rips are 'folded' on the back sides.  I've noticed that with .223 I'm assuming because the bullet is so small and traveling so fast that it folds the tears from the hole back farther.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One of the benefits of being a lady is that the guys at the range usually fall all over themselves to let you shoot their guns, at least in my experience.

We've been onto you for a long time.  They teach these things to little girls in nursery school.    It's okay, though, it's usually endearing and most ladies won't take advantage of it too much.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We've been onto you for a long time.  They teach these things to little girls in nursery school.    It's okay, though, it's usually endearing and most ladies won't take advantage of it too much.  

That was actually me.  Geekdude has been a bad boy.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#13]
What fun.  Yalls range looks like mine.  Behind the barn.  
We had a break in the rain yesterday and did some shooting.  

Does the AR you are shooting with red furniture have "Milwaukee" printed on the stock??
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, as a guy I was banking on it.  I knew the guys would step up and teach GC how to shoot.  I just brought a bag full of mags for her to shoot and sat back on my ass!  It was a relaxing day for me.

I should post the pic where brass is reaching for her ass.  He changed his mind when he saw me taking the pic..........good friends like that are hard to find.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What fun.  Yalls range looks like mine.  Behind the barn.  
We had a break in the rain yesterday and did some shooting.  

Does the AR you are shooting with red furniture have "Milwaukee" printed on the stock??

yes it does

chameleonweaponry.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top