Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 5:44:08 AM EDT
Hello Ladies.  
I am going to build an AR for a friend of mine.  She's a single lady and has been divorced for 14 years.  She recently got interested in shooting again, and I am going to make her up some nice guns.
Anyway,  my question is this:
How many of you ladies are single?  I have found that most women who shoot got into shooting by being introduced to it by a boyfriend or husband, and I have only ever known 2 ladies that were into it on their own.  My friend lives 1000 miles away, and it's not like she's going to be able to go shooting with Me very often.  Are there groups of women around that like to shoot just because they like to shoot (or hunt)  I would like to put Ruthie in contact with some of them.  She can feel a little intrusive if she thinks she's around a bunch of "men and wives".  (that's what she told Me)   She's in Arizona.

Your input?

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
IT’S A ( he is just trolling for single ladies )TRAP!!!

Ackbar's got your back ladies!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]
My Dad started me out into shooting,then the US Army finished me off. I really liked it then.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#3]
There are womenz like this all over. Just need to check the local forum in her area and maybe google search for a womenz shooting club.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Are there any of You in sounthern AZ so I can get Ruthie in touch with some of you personally?

As far as trolling for ladies...............

That's a good idea!

Any of You in wyoming?

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#5]
SigZiggy,   I don't know much at all about the internet.  How does she do that?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are there any of You in sounthern AZ so I can get Ruthie in touch with some of you personally?

That's a good idea!

Any of You in wyoming?

Like that was not your original intent....  Shame on you for trolling for our womenz.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a good idea!

Any of You in wyoming?

Like that was not your original intent....  Shame on you for trolling for our womenz.

wedge dear.. your a great guy and all... but trust me... if he was trolling for women... WE CAN HANDLE HIM!

No advice for realteacher... just wanted to say I think it's great your working so hard to help her out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
SigZiggy,   I don't know much at all about the internet.  How does she do that?

You can have her email me! If she is Ok with it, just IM me with her email and I'll get in touch with her. AZ isn't too far from TX either
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

wedge dear.. your a great guy and all... but trust me... if he was trolling for women... WE CAN HANDLE HIM!

No advice for realteacher... just wanted to say I think it's great your working so hard to help her out.

I know you all can, but just in case...

eta - Sure is a long way down....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#10]
damnit wedge.. I am not gonna like you much longer you put that pic up again!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It's Brisk's fault.... He enabled me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was that, Wedge?

Take that for trying to drag my good name through the mud.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was that, Wedge?

I can't help it if you are an enabler.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/brisk322/tall2.jpg

Quoted:

What was that, Wedge?

I can't help it if you are an enabler.

Then I can't help giving you a virtual wedgie.  

What's this thread actually about?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I don't remember.

eta - I knew you might change the pic, so I took precautions.  See orig. post.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't remember.

eta - I knew you might change the pic, so I took precautions.  See orig. post.

Yeah, I figured you would, but it was quicker than photoshopping something.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess we have totally hijacked and killed this thread with our mock fighting and finger pointing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#18]
See if you can get her to sign up here and look in the Hometown. The AZ hometown is one of the more active, and I am sure that if she asked they would include her in one of their shoots.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I guess we have totally hijacked and killed this thread with our mock fighting and finger pointing.

Whee.  Somehow I thought a thread hijack would be more fun...and more intentional.

It's a trap?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Wedgy and Brisky.....get over here and bend over you naughty hijackers!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Brisk322. Is your avatar a gator bitting a pillow? Really what is it? Its kinda cute.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whee.  Somehow I thought a thread hijack would be more fun...and more intentional.

It's a trap?

Hey this guy started this whole thread as a trap.

Now I fear that MrsGungho does not like either one of us anymore.  This is all your fault Brisk.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Brisk322. Is your avatar a gator bitting a pillow? Really what is it? Its kinda cute.

It's a paranoid psychotic stuffed alligator.

Here's a link:

www.parapluesch.de
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a trap?

Now I fear that MrsGungho does not like either one of us anymore.  This is all your fault Brisk.

[R2D2]Bee-woo beep whee-whee-whee zzzt beep![/R2D2]
Translation:  Aw, shut up, you mindless philosopher.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a trap?

[R2D2]Bee-woo beep whee-whee-whee zzzt beep![/R2D2]
Translation:  Aw, shut up, you mindless philosopher.  

Don't call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#26]
i believe annarchy lives in AZ--you could IM her and get them in touch--the AZ forum is one of the most active and they shoot and socialize quite a bit, im told

IM me if you have more questions
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
i believe annarchy lives in AZ--you could IM her and get them in touch--the AZ forum is one of the most active and they shoot and socialize quite a bit, im told

IM me if you have more questions

... You're absolutely correct diabolical_chicken. Annarchy "Anne (booom)" is a super-cool, artistic and nice lady. I consider her and her husband Gunslinger808 both good friends.
I too have been divorced over a decade now and am probably a bit more "single-minded normalized" than some of the younger horn-dogs on the board here.

... One of the worst things about the Internet is that you can somewhat "get to know" good people, but extreme distances keep "like minded" folks apart when they really should meet. So many things in common and a good times would/could be had but for the fact 2000 miles of separation is just not conducive to fostering relationships.  

... So RealTeacher, as diabolical_chicken duly noted, get in touch with some of the Hometown AZ board members. Many here are wild & crazy yet are intelligent, law-abiding and fun "gunnutz" kinda crowd. We have regular BBQs, movies, shoots, pool-cue nights and even casual evening dinner & drinks together. Mostly a conservative crowd, but definitely not stuffy, boring or stupid.

... Good luck to all here seeking new friendships. I've found that there are few things in life as rewarding as meeting new friends and melding them in with your old ones.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank You Winston Wolf.

This is what I am looking for.  
now.........a confession.............I don't speak geek, and i don't know my way around cyber world.  How can you and I get in touch with each other?  I tried to IM another member, but I can't fugure out how it works.   I am going to make up an AR for Ruthie (my friend) and I know she's going to want some shooting buddies, but I live 1000 miles from her.  She's in Tucson.

I don't  know what You mean about "hometown AZ.  I am a real ignoramus when it comes to computers.  I know Ruthie would love to have some women "shooting friends" that don't have to "wait on the men" to go shooting.  

Any advice you can give is appreciated.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Click on "HOMETOWN" then click on "Arizona"

To IM a particular person, just find one of their posts and click on the "IM USER" button.

simple as that!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#30]
The NRA does a nation wide event called 'Women on Target.  You don't have to be a member of the NRA or a gun club but if you look up the NRA web site, they list when and were the event is held.  It is a great program that will put her in touch with other women and area clubs.  I should be back in Az in a few months and would love to take her out.  I was "into" guns long before I met my husband so I know it can be difficult to find other women to shoot with but I wouldn't rule out shooting with just men either.  I learned a lot of what I know because of the kind, ever so patient men I grew up or shot with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top