Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/15/2004 10:49:54 AM EDT
Ooooh....a situation has come up that has me seeing red.  

My little sister, well step-sister but still, has transferred to a different high school this year; she used to attend a private Christian school but wanted to try public high school for a year to compare, which my step-mother agreed to.  She has aparently been having problems with a boy in her class since school started.  He started by making sexually explicit comments to her and escalated to dropping pictures in her locker of naked women with her head photoshopped on.  Instead of telling her mom and my dad, she tried to deal with it herself, first by telling him to stop, asking her guy friends to talk to him, then by telling her teachers what was going on and asking them to deal with it.  By the beginning of this week nothing had changed, and she confronted him in front of their friends and told him that his actions were inappropriate that if he didn't stop she would have my dad call his parents.

Well, yesterday morning he grabbed her breasts and her butt and she went to the principal, who pulled him into his office.  That afternoon at their lunch break he cornered her and told her that no one was going to do anything, grabbed her privates, reached under her shirt and bruised her breasts until he broke the skin.  She kneed him in the groin and called my dad and her mom instead of going back to the principal, figuring that it was time to get her parents involved.  My pops called the police and told them to meet him at the school, after calling the principal and informing him that he should have the boy taken out of class so as not to cause a scene.  

All of this culminated in the police talking to the boy and the principal, in front of my father, telling my sister that she needed to understand that the boy wasn't as mature as everyone else and that she needed to just stay away from him.  My father wants to press charges, especially since there is a documented history of this harrassment and that all other non-legal actions taken against him just lead to him increasing the level of harrassment and culminated in what he, and I, consider to be a violent attack.  My father called his parents last night and they basically told him to %$^& off, there was nothing wrong with their son and that my parents need to teach my sister how to be a nice girl.  My sister went to school today and had to go home early because her friends were giving her a really hard time for getting the boy in trouble, and the boy was back in class, and left her another picture in her locker along with a promise to "get her back"

I consider this incident to be sexual battery and agree that more punitive measures need to be taken, especially since the boy is 16 and even after the events of yesterday has not ceased in his behavior....am I wrong about this?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The police didn't do anything?

If not already done, she needs to have a report filed through local PD and with the school. If he TOUCHED her and she did not want him to and it caused her pain...it is assault. It doesn't matter if it happened last week or a month ago or if the kid is 16, he needs to be responsible for his actions. Make sure a police report gets on file for that kid!!!

Secondly, he is harrassing and threatening her, but the assault by contact is the higher offense and easier to prove so I would make sure to go with that. The detective should handle that part when he follows up on the initial report.

Make sure a report gets filed EVERY time he harrasses or touches her. Also, make sure they take pictures of any bruises caused by him!!!

This is the Texas Penal Code, there is most likely something similar where you are.

§ 22.01.  ASSAULT.  (a)  A person commits an offense if
the person:      
(1)  intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse;  
(2)  intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse;  or
(3)  intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or
provocative.

(b)  An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a Class A misdemeanor

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Oh...my...LORD.  I am so fucking heated now.

Sexual assault.  This isn't over.

If she doesn't press charges, things could get much worse.  I really think this guy could rape her if she's not careful.

Oh, man....please please please please keep us updated.  I'm really scared for her sake.

EDIT: You live in CA?  What part?  I'm gonna have to make a little trip to wherever you are and beat the shit out of a high schooler.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, two options.

Lawyer, or have someone intimidating corner the kid and scare the crap out of him without leaving any marks, or witnesses.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I concur with SigZiggy, but I'd also get in touch with an attorney in your state.  Depending on your state law, you may have grounds for a civil suit against him and the school.  Neither his parents nor the school are probably going to take it seriously until its going to cost them.  Make it hurt.  Make it hurt real F'ing bad.

Of course, thats the lawyer in me talking.  If it were my daughter getting molested, I'd have a hard time cooling my Sicilian blood and not trying to teach the kids father a little lesson in manners with my Louisville Slugger.

Lawyer up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#5]
File on the boy (period).  I don't know how old she is, but these days teenagers seem to get status based on sexuality.  All the same, he bruised her skin, this is not only assault, but also battery.  File. File. File.  He needs to be treated, badly.

rant excluded for the sake of all.  Also, she may be getting extra flack for having attended a Christian school.  She may not "get" the code of that particular jungle.  I'd be concerned though.  I think this boy means what he wrote about getting her back.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think this boy means what he wrote about getting her back.  

He does.  With his forceful behavior already and him knowing that the school didn't so jack shit about it, this is a horribly perfect setting for her to get raped.  He means business.  that's why I'm so concerned about her because she really needs to watch her back.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
R E S T R A I N I N G O R D E R

Then file a multi million dollar lawsuit against the state for sexual harrassment.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ooooh....a situation has come up that has me seeing red.  

My little sister, well step-sister but still, has transferred to a different high school this year; she used to attend a private Christian school but wanted to try public high school for a year to compare, which my step-mother agreed to.  She has aparently been having problems with a boy in her class since school started.  He started by making sexually explicit comments to her and escalated to dropping pictures in her locker of naked women with her head photoshopped on.  Instead of telling her mom and my dad, she tried to deal with it herself, first by telling him to stop, asking her guy friends to talk to him, then by telling her teachers what was going on and asking them to deal with it.  By the beginning of this week nothing had changed, and she confronted him in front of their friends and told him that his actions were inappropriate that if he didn't stop she would have my dad call his parents.

Well, yesterday morning he grabbed her breasts and her butt and she went to the principal, who pulled him into his office.  That afternoon at their lunch break he cornered her and told her that no one was going to do anything, grabbed her privates, reached under her shirt and bruised her breasts until he broke the skin.  She kneed him in the groin and called my dad and her mom instead of going back to the principal, figuring that it was time to get her parents involved.  My pops called the police and told them to meet him at the school, after calling the principal and informing him that he should have the boy taken out of class so as not to cause a scene.  

All of this culminated in the police talking to the boy and the principal, in front of my father, telling my sister that she needed to understand that the boy wasn't as mature as everyone else and that she needed to just stay away from him.  My father wants to press charges, especially since there is a documented history of this harrassment and that all other non-legal actions taken against him just lead to him increasing the level of harrassment and culminated in what he, and I, consider to be a violent attack.  My father called his parents last night and they basically told him to %$^& off, there was nothing wrong with their son and that my parents need to teach my sister how to be a nice girl.  My sister went to school today and had to go home early because her friends were giving her a really hard time for getting the boy in trouble, and the boy was back in class, and left her another picture in her locker along with a promise to "get her back"

I consider this incident to be sexual battery and agree that more punitive measures need to be taken, especially since the boy is 16 and even after the events of yesterday has not ceased in his behavior....am I wrong about this?

3rd or 4th degree sexual assault, in WI anyway

Throw... Book... At... Boy...

Visit the DA, press charges, see if they can get the case into adult court, as that is a very adult crime...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]
The young lady's parents need to involve the local prosecutor and forcefully insist charges be filed.  

DO NOT roll over for a school administrator who would prefer to sweep this under the rug.

"telling my sister that she needed to understand that the boy wasn't as mature as everyone else"  
There is something VERY troubling about that statement.  Is her attacker in some sort of special ed?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I concur with SigZiggy, but I'd also get in touch with an attorney in your state.  Depending on your state law, you may have grounds for a civil suit against him and the school.  Neither his parents nor the school are probably going to take it seriously until its going to cost them.  Make it hurt.  Make it hurt real F'ing bad.

Of course, thats the lawyer in me talking.  If it were my daughter getting molested, I'd have a hard time cooling my Sicilian blood and not trying to teach the kids father a little lesson in manners with my Louisville Slugger.

Lawyer up.

Definately a civil suit could be filed! Good point!!! I have been trained to think and say "that is a civil problem, we don't handle that " so it didn't even cross my mind.

If he has been putting things in her locker and writing her notes, that is evidence. Make copies (for yourself to keep on file) and give everything to the detective. The more crap they have on this guy the stronger case they'll have when the SHTF. As it stands, they have enough to write a warrant for him right now, although depending on how "lenient" your county is....well, you know the criminal justice system

She has a right to go to school without having to deal with all of this BS. They are just figuring that they can sweep it under the rug. Don't let them succeed!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes people fall out of windows of very tall buildings.  It is tragic... but sometimes it just happens.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#12]
OK I don't usually post in this forum but I saw this thread in Active Topics...

The parents need to get a lawyer, file assault charges, and file suit against the school and the town if this isn't taken care of to their full satisfaction immediately.

Don't for a second underestimate how serious the situation is.  This kid sounds like a soon-to-be rapist.

Re-post this in the Brotherhood of the Shield forum as well - they may have advice for you.

I've known more than my share of women who were raped when they were kids and this whole subject makes me so utterly angry  

Good luck and get this dealt with ASAP for her safety.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Screw the school......use the system to go after this kid.

This is WELL beyond what can be considered appropriate.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
OK I don't usually post in this forum but I saw this thread in Active Topics...

The parents need to get a lawyer, file assault charges, and file suit against the school and the town if this isn't taken care of to their full satisfaction immediately.

Don't for a second underestimate how serious the situation is.  This kid sounds like a soon-to-be rapist.

Re-post this in the Brotherhood of the Shield forum as well - they may have advice for you.

I've known more than my share of women who were raped when they were kids and this whole subject makes me so utterly angry  

Good luck and get this dealt with ASAP for her safety.

Given the stated conditions, an absolutely totally correct suggestion.  Please do see and attorney (unfortunately) and have the shark go for the gusto immediately and accept no alternative other than suitable resolution.  TOTALLY suitable resolution - the school, the officer, anyone who failed to take immediate corrective action including the hall-monitor if necessary.  Include everything - criminal charges, appropriate restraining orders, etc.  Involve the school board and seek support from the local newspaper and the city administration.  No kidding - this is something that must be stomped flat and ASAP!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The young lady's parents need to involve the local prosecutor and forcefully insist charges be filed.  

DO NOT roll over for a school administrator who would prefer to sweep this under the rug.

"telling my sister that she needed to understand that the boy wasn't as mature as everyone else"  
There is something VERY troubling about that statement.  Is her attacker in some sort of special ed?

couldn't have said it better myself. Make sure she has kept the photos, especially the last one with the threat on it. There is NO excuse for this type of behavior. Immaturity is not an excuse either. Playing nice does not mean she has to let some guy feel her breasts up. If it was my daughter... you better be damned sure the police get to him before I do.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

couldn't have said it better myself. Make sure she has kept the photos, especially the last one with the threat on it. There is NO excuse for this type of behavior. Immaturity is not an excuse either. Playing nice does not mean she has to let some guy feel her breasts up. If it was my daughter... you better be damned sure the police get to him before I do.

Tall buildings can be dangerous.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the hell with tall buildings.. but trust me, the boy would be real sorry he fucked with the wrong family.

Sorry for being foul, but this really pisses me off.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I may have missed this, but what age is this perv?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I may have missed this, but what age is this perv?

since the boy is 16
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Sometimes people fall out of windows of very tall buildings.  It is tragic... but sometimes it just happens.

Just make sure noone sees you doing the pushing.  Never mind.  

Or get LOTS of witnesses.  Does your local TV station have a 'outreach' program?  The school/Police will get off their asses about 5 minutes after this hits the news...

My little sister had some football players who were saying inapporpriate things to her in HS.  I had a little talk with them with one of my buddies.  My Buddy was an Easton XL 2000 29" baseball bat.  (They WERE tresspassing on my property at the time...)  They also had an encounter with a number of other football players the next day in the locker room.  (Funny how the coaches dissappeared right before that...)  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the hell with tall buildings.. but trust me, the boy would be real sorry he fucked with the wrong family.

If you aren't cool with the tall building, my I suggest something belt fed?

(Edited to add:  Seriously, this is a big deal, Lawyer up.  I don't want to seem as if I don't care... When my sister had these problems, I dealt with them with my fists, but I don't know that it's acceptable in todays society... I'd get the bastard thrown in Jail...)
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Oh....me too.  It's not wise to upset a board full of gun-toting women.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#23]
that is insane, tiff  

you are getting good advice--go get 'em

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Definately a sexual battery.  Press charges against the assailant.  Get an attorney to start suing the school as the principal didn't do anything about it (duties to protect your sister, a minor under his supervision).  Call the DAs office and keep calling them.  If nothing happens, call in the media and professional protesters.

IF nothing happens then, claim she is "blind" - I know several large, "seeing eye dogs" she can take to class with her.  

I have a daughter.  This punk needs to disappear mysteriously in Tijuana.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If this happened to my daughter, it would be time to break out the cammo face paint and black BDUs.
Arizona is a STRANGE place. 2x4s and Tire Irons fall out of the sky. Broken legs are very common.

Get her pepper spray.

This sounds WEIRD but take pictures of the injuries. You will need them for evidence.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#26]

If this happened to my daughter, it would be time to break out the cammo face paint and black BDUs.
Arizona is a STRANGE place. 2x4s and Tire Irons fall out of the sky. Broken legs are very common.

Get her pepper spray.

This sounds WEIRD but take pictures of the injuries. You will need them for evidence.

+1  I have a woodchipper!  And a bunch of hungry GSD's!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#27]
RING RING ..."HELLO, are you Super Liberal Feminist Lawyer GLORIA ALLRED? would you like to help me sue a school and a sexual predator? "

sexual pics? evidence
skin bruising/cuts? evidence
a note with physical threats? evidence

GO TO THE POLICE DEPT NOW !!!

this should of been done at the school by the cops, who should have photo documented the bruising and taken the photoshop pics into custody, with a report filed, and the boy arrested.

its prolly time to leave school, and get an Emergency restraining order against the boy.

the FAILURE of the principal and teachers to not remedy this situation means LAWSUIT against the boy, principal, the school, and school district.
the teachers are prolly required by state law to report something like this to the principal, the fact that she had to go the principal to report this means there was a failure on the part of the teachers to act. there should be some kind of documentation by the school on her complaints.

she has evidence, she should have a POLICE REPORT and RESTRAINING ORDER NOW, and she should have witnesses.

dont go back to school and LAWYER UP

at least leave the school, and let the school deal with his shit. a police report will at least show a history of his harrassment. but being 16yo, it will prolly get wiped away at 18yo, and he will be clean to start again.
--pepper spray is a good idea, but will prolly get her in more trouble than the harrasser, and it will clear out the room or building.
--LOADED FIST is another good one, a roll of pennies, AA battery, in her fist while she hits him will get his attention.
--a sock with a bar of soap or cue ball makes a nice sleeper weapon

tell her to STRIKE FIRST AND STRIKE HARD.

kicking and screaming works ME
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#28]
www.leginfo.ca.gov
CALIFORNIA CODES
PENAL CODE

243.4 (e) (1) Any person who touches an intimate part of another person,
if the touching is against the will of the person touched, and is
for the specific purpose of sexual arousal, sexual gratification, or
sexual abuse, is guilty of misdemeanor sexual battery, punishable by
a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2,000), or by
imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding six months, or by both
that fine and imprisonment.  However, if the defendant was an
employer and the victim was an employee of the defendant, the
misdemeanor sexual battery shall be punishable by a fine not
exceeding three thousand dollars ($3,000), by imprisonment in a
county jail not exceeding six months, or by both that fine and
imprisonment.  Notwithstanding any other provision of law, any amount
of a fine above two thousand dollars ($2,000) which is collected
from a defendant for a violation of this subdivision shall be
transmitted to the State Treasury and, upon appropriation by the
Legislature, distributed to the Department of Fair Employment and
Housing for the purpose of enforcement of the California Fair
Employment and Housing Act (Part 2.8 (commencing with Section 12900)
of Division 3 of Title 2 of the Government Code), including, but not
limited to, laws that proscribe sexual harassment in places of
employment.  However, in no event shall an amount over two thousand
dollars ($2,000) be transmitted to the State Treasury until all
fines, including any restitution fines that may have been imposed
upon the defendant, have been paid in full.
  (2) As used in this subdivision, "touches" means physical contact
with another person, whether accomplished directly, through the
clothing of the person committing the offense, or through the
clothing of the victim.
  (f) As used in subdivisions (a), (b), (c), and (d), "touches"
means physical contact with the skin of another person whether
accomplished directly or through the clothing of the person
committing the offense.
  (g) As used in this section, the following terms have the
following meanings:
  (1) "Intimate part" means the sexual organ, anus, groin, or
buttocks of any person, and the breast of a female.

243.5.  (a) When a person commits an assault or battery on school
property during hours when school activities are being conducted, a
peace officer may, without a warrant, notwithstanding paragraph (2)
or (3) of subdivision (a) of Section 836, arrest the  person who
commits the assault or battery:
  (1) Whenever the person has committed the assault or battery,
although not in the peace officer's presence.
  (2) Whenever the peace officer has reasonable cause to believe
that the person to be arrested has committed the assault or battery,
whether or not it has in fact been committed.
  (b) "School," as used in this section, means any elementary
school, junior high school, four-year high school, senior high
school, adult school or any branch thereof, opportunity school,
continuation high school, regional occupational center, evening high
school, technical school, or community college.

288.2.  (a) Every person who, with knowledge that a person is a
minor, or who fails to exercise reasonable care in ascertaining the
true age of a minor, knowingly distributes, sends, causes to be sent,
exhibits, or offers to distribute or exhibit by any means,
including, but not limited to, live or recorded telephone messages,
any harmful matter, as defined in Section 313, to a minor with the
intent of arousing, appealing to, or gratifying the lust or passions
or sexual desires of that person or of a minor, and with the intent
or for the purpose of seducing a minor, is guilty of a public offense
and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison or in a
county jail.
  A person convicted of a second and any subsequent conviction for a
violation of this section is guilty of a felony.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Have his ass arrested. One of my friends was raped at her school (college). You DO NOT want it to end like that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#30]
One thing on restraining orders remember they are only any good if the person involved is scared of the repercussions. If you think his behavior might escalate restraining order or not, don’t give the MF a chance. Do what you have to do if that means moving her bummer. She will get over it, she might not get over the next sexual assault. That isn’t a call for anyone as far removed from this situation as myself to make. That is not to say you should not file. By all means file stick it to anyone who can be held accountable for letting this behavior continue. At least if he dose it again to someone else there is some kind of record. If nothing else as a warning to the cops this kid is messed up.  Just make sure her safety comes before everything else.

Um sorry if I ranted that’s just my .02.

P.S. I am sorry this happend to you and your Fam.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes it's sexual assault.  Yes, you should gather your evidence and witnesses and file charges, as soon as possible.  Yes, the school has failed to protect this girl from a potential rape situation.  Yes, you should probably sue the school, too, if only to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

The boy needs to know that he cannot get away with this without having to face some serious consequences.  He's a sexual predator and a potential rapist in the making, so he must be removed from general society.

I like the tall building idea, but it could take you away from your family when they need you the most.

Good luck to you and please update us soon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Lawyer up.

Pretty much what I was thinking (except the baseball bat came to mind first...)   The right thing to do is put this kid in a hole.  If he's 16 and acting like that, the odds that he will ever be a useful member of society are slim to none.  Everybody is better off if he just disappears.  Of course, I would never advocate that on a public message board, and it's not worth going to jail over.

Do what Shaggy says and make them hurt the legal way.  Really hurt.  The little shit should spend time in jail for assault, and the school should pay out the ass for letting the second incident occur after being warned of the first.

All you people out there who claim that Christian schools and home schooling are bad because they don't prepare you for the real world, pay attention....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#33]
If I were you I would report this to your local District Attorney's Office directly. Every D.A.'s office in the state has Investigators that are police officers and they can take a report (or make calls and get one taken for you by the police department that should have taken it in the first place) and also help you get a restraining order at the same time.

You should also contact some one in higer authority (Watch commander or Captain rank) at the police department and make a complaint that their officers failed to take the appropriate actions in this case. It sounds like it was street patrolman that wanted to "kiss off" a report.

I agree with everyone else who posted on this that this kid needs to be dealt with or worse may happen. If you can gather all the evidence you have, pictures, notes, any  witnesses, etc, that will make it more difficult for them (Police) to ignore you and also help you with lawsuits against the kids' family, the school and the police department!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, its a sex crime. Exactly what it will be called will depend on the wording of the various sections of  the penal law in your  respective state. You can find those on-line at www.findlaw.com
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Leave school, call lawyer, press charges.  GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Get a shovel and a tarp..................oops! I didn't say that?!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Get the best Attorney out of the area...Sue the holy hell out of everyone involved..Police,parents,principal,school board,and anyone else who wants to make payments!!
Call the local TV news station&news paper!!Take PICS....(not trying to be funny)very importiant!!Get any and all witnesses,Keep all the pics the guy is using to put in her locker as evidence...THEN HIRE A HIT MAN!!!

GUNSFORHIRE
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Back in the day, this girl's older brother and a couple of his friends would just take this boy out behind the school and whip the daylights out of him.

Now it's lawyers, police, parents, judges, juriors and hundreds of thousands of my tax dollars at work.

God help the USA.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:35:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Back in the day, this girl's older brother and a couple of his friends would just take this boy out behind the school and whip the daylights out of him.

Now it's lawyers, police, parents, judges, juriors and hundreds of thousands of my tax dollars at work.

God help the USA.

Vigilante justice is no way to handle this sort of thing; let the justice system handle it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:25:00 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God help the USA.

Vigilante justice is no way to handle this sort of thing; let the justice system handle it.

seems to be doing a bang-up job so far....

All of this culminated in the police talking to the boy and the principal, in front of my father, telling my sister that she needed to understand that the boy wasn't as mature as everyone else and that she needed to just stay away from him.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Speaking from experience (my 13YO stepdaughter was raped)
1) unfortunately the police have higher priorities
2) courts are overwhelmed
3) there is not enough age difference between the boy and girl to matter. It is usually viewed as boys will be boys and girls should be careful
4) The schools can not change anything
5) this girl will be affected for the rest of her life she will be branded a slut the boy a hero

Until parents start taking responsibility for their children this will continue. Children today have more balls because they know their parents are too busy to care about them. They know the worst punishement they will endure is maybe a stearn warning. This boy needs his ass beaten from her step brother at the very least. This is only one symptom of the horrendous depths our so called society has sunk to. It would shock most people to actually know what goes on in our childrens lives that they never tell us about.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#42]
lime flares water shovel.  too bad this trail now exists on the intarweb..........
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yes it's sexual assault.  Yes, you should gather your evidence and witnesses and file charges, as soon as possible.  Yes, the school has failed to protect this girl from a potential rape situation.  Yes, you should probably sue the school, too, if only to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

If you've got the evidence, the school board will do almost anything to prevent a law suite.  I'd make sure that the principal, and all other school employee's that had knowledge of the incident, jobs were at the top of my list of demands.

The boy needs to know that he cannot get away with this without having to face some serious consequences.  He's a sexual predator and a potential rapist in the making, so he must be removed from general society.

This young man would learn that there are consequences for his actions, one way or another.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Speaking from experience (my 13YO stepdaughter was raped)
1) unfortunately the police have higher priorities
2) courts are overwhelmed
3) there is not enough age difference between the boy and girl to matter. It is usually viewed as boys will be boys and girls should be careful
4) The schools can not change anything
5) this girl will be affected for the rest of her life she will be branded a slut the boy a hero

Until parents start taking responsibility for their children this will continue. Children today have more balls because they know their parents are too busy to care about them. They know the worst punishement they will endure is maybe a stearn warning. This boy needs his ass beaten from her step brother at the very least. This is only one symptom of the horrendous depths our so called society has sunk to. It would shock most people to actually know what goes on in our childrens lives that they never tell us about.

Fisrt of all that makes me want to retch!  I am very sorry for your SD and what your family must be going through.  +1 on all you said.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#45]
When I was in school, a few times boys tried to grope me on the school bus.  The bus driver was a big wimp who ignored anything that happened.  I did my best to break their arms, hit them in the groin, etc.  Whatever I had with me became a weapon.  This kid is probably already a rapist.  His behavior is too agressive to be anything else.  Your parents should go to the nth degree, suing, etc. to help your sister.  Not only to protect her physically but psychologically as well.  If she thinks nothing will happen to the little prick, it will scar her forever.  I hope you teach her to handle guns if she doesn't know how to already.  She may need one to protect herself from this jerk at home sometime.  He is likely to stalk her too.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It takes time.Sounds like she may not be getting help from one agency; I don't normally advocate for agency shopping, but if one agency doesn't want to take a claim of sexual assault seriously, talk to an officer from another agency that has concurrent jurisdiction over that area, like the SP.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
When I was in school, a few times boys tried to grope me on the school bus.  The bus driver was a big wimp who ignored anything that happened.  I did my best to break their arms, hit them in the groin, etc.  Whatever I had with me became a weapon.  This kid is probably already a rapist.  His behavior is too agressive to be anything else.  Your parents should go to the nth degree, suing, etc. to help your sister.  Not only to protect her physically but psychologically as well.  If she thinks nothing will happen to the little prick, it will scar her forever.  I hope you teach her to handle guns if she doesn't know how to already.  She may need one to protect herself from this jerk at home sometime.  He is likely to stalk her too.

How old are you now?  I wish my daughter could go to school with more girls like you!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Get her to martial arts classes.

Is it legal to carry a mace in schools?  What about mace?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Get her to martial arts classes.

Is it legal to carry a mace in schools?  What about mace?

Not sure about where the girl in question is, but here it is illegal. It is considered a weapon and leads to expulsion.
I wanted my daughter to carry mace to school, not because she was having trouble, but she walked and her trip took her across the football and baseball field of the school, surrounded by trees everywhere., and slums on the north side of the fields.
She doesn't walk much now, and never alone. I usually try to drive her.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:13:07 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It takes time.Sounds like she may not be getting help from one agency; I don't normally advocate for agency shopping, but if one agency doesn't want to take a claim of sexual assault seriously, talk to an officer from another agency that has concurrent jurisdiction over that area, like the SP.

I can't disagree more.

Find out the name of the original officer, and start making calls, perhaps starting with the dayshift supervisor, or Chief. Let them know how bad you feel the ball was dropped. Call the local DA, tell them about the investigation or lack thereof.

Call the principal, and school superintendant, and start showing up at achool board meetings. Let them know, that if anything else happens, you will be holding them resposible for failing to deal with that male person's behavior. Also make it clear that any attmepts to transfer the victim will be treated as institutional retaliation.

Next, every time a threat, note, picture etc. get passed to the victim, preserve it (don't touch or move it, if possible) and call the cops and principal.

I think what is described is clearly sexual assualt. Age difference doesn't matter. I'm maybe guessing, but, the first officer that had this investigation is either lazy, or doesn't want to do his job.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top