Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 11:34:31 AM EDT
heh heh heh!

My twins had their first soccer class today. My husband thought I had lost it when I looked at him and said "I am the enemy" and started laughing like an idiot.  Inside joke I guess.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
obviously inside enough to confuse me too, since im not a soccer mom

translation??  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey!

I resemble that remark!

Both of my kids play soccer and I LOVE to go to the games! But I DON'T have a minivan....

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

translation??  

oh ya know in GD they are always bashing soccer moms. Stereotypical soccer mom is a flaming liberal with Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers on their mini vans.

So I thought it was funny that I am now a "soccer mom"
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

translation??  

oh ya know in GD they are always bashing soccer moms. Stereotypical soccer mom is a flaming liberal with Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers on their mini vans.

So I thought it was funny that I am now a "soccer mom"

oh  

im a little slow, sometimes  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Somehow I don't think you will EVER end up like the Enemy Soccer Mommies. You seem to live in the real world. I hope you kids knock those other kids down and take the ball away. In a legal manner of course. Wouldn’t want to encourage bad sportsmanship. I think you need a couple of those white window stickers with a soccer ball and your kids names and one of a white AR and your name.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Somehow I don't think you will EVER end up like the Enemy Soccer Mommies. You seem to live in the real world. I hope you kids knock those other kids down and take the ball away. In a legal manner of course. Wouldn’t want to encourage bad sportsmanship. I think you need a couple of those white window stickers with a soccer ball and your kids names and one of a white AR and your name.  

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The question is, are you a hot soccer mom?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Run on sentences make my brain hurt.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you Buy a Mini-van?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Brady Bunch are actually the ones who tried to appeal by name directly to the soccer moms for gun control, and thus brought the term into our consciousness, and then we hijacked it as a term of derision to characterize those who are ignorant, know it, like it, and then vote their ignorance.
We also like run on sentances.  But.  Not sentance fragments.

The Brady Bunch would have loved my car a few years go then. I had an NRA sticker on the drivers back window and a soccer ball with shoes in it on the passenger back window

I still have one playing soccer today, love the game, but I am also very outspoken about gun rights.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Did you Buy a Mini-van?

Didn't have to - already had the SUV
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a soccer mom, and a swim mom. I have been a hockey mom, and a dance mom. I do not own a minivan, and I don't wear keds. There's a rebel in every crowd I guess.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm a soccer mom, and a swim mom. I have been a hockey mom, and a dance mom. I do not own a minivan, and I don't wear keds. There's a rebel in every crowd I guess.

KEDS?????  There are still people who actually wear KEDS?  And these are the people I have to look forward to if my baby boy wants to play soccer in 5 years?

(Yes, actually I *am* a total snob.  At least when it comes to footwear.)
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Soccer mom =

drives a mini-van (poorly) with a soccer ball sticker in the back window
flaming liberal
WAY anti gun but wouldn't know a gun if it jumped up and bit her butt
flaming feminist
flaming tree hugger
get's her voting advice from Oprah and soap's
anti male
anti gender roles.....unisex everything
for one world government
for the UN

feel free to add as necessary

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Soccer mom =

flaming liberal
flaming feminist
flaming tree hugger
anti male
for one world government
for the UN

quotes Dr. Phil on a regular basis
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Soccer mom =

flaming liberal
flaming feminist
flaming tree hugger
anti male
for one world government
for the UN

the only thing I can say that makes me a soccer mom is the fact I had a soccer ball in the rear window of my SUV (not a damn mini van) but like I said earlier, I countered that with an NRA sticker on the other side.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I think that an NRA sticker negates all “I’m a self intitled self-righteous soccer mom” implication.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top