Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 6:10:49 AM EDT
We moved lilGH to a big boy bed, because he was getting tall enough crib recommendations were to move him out before he climbed and fell out. Well it has been a week and a half of pure hell. Me not getting enough sleep, no down time during the day because he wouldn't nap etc..
For the past 3 days he has taken his usual 2 hr nap!!  
And last night for the first time in this transition, he has slept thru the entire night without getting up and wandering around!!  
I hope last night wasn't a fluke and it continues. With that, it is a little after 9 am and time for him to be up, so I am off to get him up and around for the day. See you all at naptime!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#1]
How old is little GH?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How old is little GH?  

19 mths. He's a big boy for his age. Takes after his daddy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#4]
My little guy is 13 months.  I've had a lot of sleep trouble with him, so I'm extra curious how you manage to get your little fellow to sleep 'til 9 A.M. by himself at all!  What time does he go to sleep at night?  Does he get a morning nap?  Ever since mine was born, he's been a real cuddle-bug.  So... here I am, typing with a 30 pound 13 month old in my lap.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#5]
He sleeps 12 hrs at night, from 9p-9a. (most mornings) I also have to add, when I was pregnant, it was unheard of for me to go to sleep before midnight, and they say the baby aquires the pattern from in the womb. He takes a 2 hr nap from 1-3p. that's it for his sleep.  He's always been a good sleeper, until the big boy bed that is. He layed right down for his nap today and never cried, just woke up a few minutes ago, but his sissy is home from school, so she's with him now.
30lbs at 13 mths is a big boy too!!  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Been doing nothing but cruising AR15.com since the last post!  The poo thread was... oh, can't go there, right?

Big baby still napping on his mama, but he's getting 6 teeth right now, so I'm spoiling him more than usual.  He's never slept 12 hours straight before.  NEVER.  I see women walking around in grocery stores with children sleeping on their shoulders or in infant carriers... it amazes me.  I stare; they wonder if I'm a kidnapper.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Been doing nothing but cruising AR15.com since the last post!  The poo thread was... oh, can't go there, right?

Big baby still napping on his mama, but he's getting 6 teeth right now, so I'm spoiling him more than usual.  He's never slept 12 hours straight before.  NEVER.  I see women walking around in grocery stores with children sleeping on their shoulders or in infant carriers... it amazes me.  I stare; they wonder if I'm a kidnapper.  

lol at the kidnapper part.. my girls were the ones who wouldn't sleep, so I am enjoying every moment of this one sleeping so well (especially since I am an older mom, late 30's)
I just noticed too that your fairly new... welcome aboard!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the welcome.  My husband has been a member for a while and got me reading some of the threads.  I told him I thought it was hilarious.  He'd just leave a window open and I'd go to reading.  Finally, I signed on.  

I'm "in my thirties" too.  This is my first baby.  Had a hard time adjusting at first...   He's perfectly happy and content if I'm within so many feet of him, but he's breastfed.   Maybe if I had bottle-fed him, I could just leave the bottle near him and he wouldn't care where I was.  

By the way, I think I e-mailed you about GunStock... couldn't talk the spouse into going.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the welcome.  My husband has been a member for a while and got me reading some of the threads.  I told him I thought it was hilarious.  He'd just leave a window open and I'd go to reading.  Finally, I signed on.  

I'm "in my thirties" too.  This is my first baby.  Had a hard time adjusting at first...   He's perfectly happy and content if I'm within so many feet of him, but he's breastfed.   Maybe if I had bottle-fed him, I could just leave the bottle near him and he wouldn't care where I was.  

By the way, I think I e-mailed you about GunStock... couldn't talk the spouse into going.  

I too b/f for 13 mths.. so can't blame the sleep issue on that.
I got started to by reading after the hubby, it's been a great place and for the most part, everyones been pretty friendly. I hunted and found a picture of my 3 kids. Normally I don't like posting pics of my girls because they are older, but I have to share this one.

ETA.. this was last christmas.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

we started putting a sippy cup with rice milk in Aidan's crib before we went to bed (my twins are on rice milk for allergies). I have no idea if he wakes up in the middle of the night anymore - but it is usually 12 hours before he hollers for us to come get him. So either he is waking up at night and drinking his milk or waking up in the morning...either way I now get to lounge around in bed until 8! His twin on the other hand winds up in bed with me in the morning when my  husband goes to work. I put on Sesame Street and doze off while she sits there drinking her juice laughing at Elmo.
They are 18 m/o btw.

And welcome! I had horrible sleep issues with my girl that led us to putting the twins in separate rooms so her brother could sleep through.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
We moved lilGH to a big boy bed, because he was getting tall enough crib recommendations were to move him out before he climbed and fell out. Well it has been a week and a half of pure hell. Me not getting enough sleep, no down time during the day because he wouldn't nap etc..
For the past 3 days he has taken his usual 2 hr nap!!  
And last night for the first time in this transition, he has slept thru the entire night without getting up and wandering around!!  
I hope last night wasn't a fluke and it continues. With that, it is a little after 9 am and time for him to be up, so I am off to get him up and around for the day. See you all at naptime!

Whoo hoo that is great news!! Go sleeping Lilgh!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet he gets a lot of attention.  Lucky little fellow with three females in the house looking after his every need.

I don't blame you for wanting to keep your girls off the AR15 boards, but I don't think there's much harm in it.  Only a few comments that you won't share with the girls, I hope.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not sure how to reply directly to a post.  I'm addressing DpC's e-mail here by clicking reply above the particular post, but it doesn't show the initial post in bold with lines fore and aft as in others... Any tips?

Regarding DpC's twins and rice cereal... Haven't tried giving anything in a bottle or sippy cup at bedtime.  I guess we're all born with our own little personalities.  That's why some sleep soundly and others not... your twins are proof!  For a while, I wondered how some mothers do it... putting their baby in a crib, baby talks to himself for an hour and falls asleep by himself... Unreal... I wouldn't trade my boy for anything, but he's definitely a cuddle-bug with a high need for human interaction for comfort.  Poor guy... Aren't little boys so sweet?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Yup, they are all so sweet when they are little. Then when they turn into teenagers arrrrrggggggggghhhhh.
Enjoy them now,your days are numbered.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm not sure how to reply directly to a post.  I'm addressing DpC's e-mail here by clicking reply above the particular post, but it doesn't show the initial post in bold with lines fore and aft as in others... Any tips?

Regarding DpC's twins and rice cereal... Haven't tried giving anything in a bottle or sippy cup at bedtime.  I guess we're all born with our own little personalities.  That's why some sleep soundly and others not... your twins are proof!  For a while, I wondered how some mothers do it... putting their baby in a crib, baby talks to himself for an hour and falls asleep by himself... Unreal... I wouldn't trade my boy for anything, but he's definitely a cuddle-bug with a high need for human interaction for comfort.  Poor guy... Aren't little boys so sweet?

Instead of reply above the post... hit quote above the post.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Instead of reply above the post... hit quote above the post.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:33:02 AM EDT
[#17]
It's 8:30 am here, he is still asleep!!
That makes 2 nights in a row!!!

ETA: sometimes I think I get to excited!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

ETA: sometimes I think I get to excited!

Glad to hear that.  Now come to my house and make mine do that.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
hink

Mine woke around 6:00 AM and is still fighting for his morning nap at 10:15 AM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top