Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 6:54:35 AM EDT
ok, explain to me why it is that I get along with and am able to just talk with married women and not so much the single ones?

I like to think that I treat all women the same.  

Married women are more open to talk, while the single ones give you the cold shoulder, ignor you or something similar.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive always taken that as a sign of the married women already knowing that shes taken, you know that shes taken and she knows that you arent having idle chat to try and hit up on her.

Thats just my view on it though.... as the only things I _really_ know about women is what my wife tells me I know about women.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Could be a couple of things;
    1.  You feel more comfortable talking with married women because you don't feel the need
         to impress them or act like a single guy talking to a single girl.  There is no pressure,
         you can just be yourself and enjoy talking to a woman as a friend and not as a
         potential mate

2.  They are more comfortable talking to you because they are already taken.  THEY don't
         have to impress you, they can just be themselves and enjoy the process of making a
         new friend without having to worry about the whole...this guy is trying to get into my
         pants.....dilemma.  Being married gives some women a buffer to feel more comfortable
         getting to know people, especially men, as friends.

3.  A lot of single women are looking for a boyfriend.  I once knew a girl who didn't want
         any guy friends, just a date.  If she didn't want to date a guy, then she saw no need to
        get to know him.  I imagine that some women are like that, and you probably pick up on
        that

4.  You talking to a single woman know that there is a chance, at least a small one and
          especially if you find her attractive, that talking could lead to dating ( If you aren't
         married, anyway).  It's normal to feel a bit of pressure when you talk to someone you
         are attracted to; this can lead to a feeling, even if only unconcious, that you need to
         put your best foot forward.  This works for women as well as men.  Unfortunately, this
         can lead to a person feeling like they can't be completely themselves, which can lead to
         a feeling of uncomfortability when talking.

Most likely there is a mix of all 4 in this problem of yours, and I think it is completely normal.  Me, I talk to anyone...that might be a problem in and of itself, because I can talk and talk and talk for hours!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ok, explain to me why it is that I get along with and am able to just talk with married women and not so much the single ones?

Married women are more open to talk, while the single ones give you the cold shoulder, ignor you or something similar.

Better yet, why is it that married women appear to be sane, rational human beings most of the time, and most of the single women I meet aren't even capable of having a normal conversation?

Do women undergo some change (for the better) when married?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better yet, why is it that married women appear to be sane, rational human beings most of the time, and most of the single women I meet aren't even capable of having a normal conversation?

Do women go crazy when married?

Why yes yes they do.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do women go crazy when married?

Why yes yes they do.

Only the married guys think we go crazy.....but that's just your influence on us.  The rest of the single male population views us as sane and wonderful.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#6]
... Just be darned careful not to mistake a married womanz for a single one whilst attempting to make a pass at them
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Could be a couple of things;
    1.  You feel more comfortable talking with married women because you don't feel the need
         to impress them or act like a single guy talking to a single girl.  There is no pressure,
         you can just be yourself and enjoy talking to a woman as a friend and not as a
         potential mate

2.  They are more comfortable talking to you because they are already taken.  THEY don't
         have to impress you, they can just be themselves and enjoy the process of making a
         new friend without having to worry about the whole...this guy is trying to get into my
         pants.....dilemma.  Being married gives some women a buffer to feel more comfortable
         getting to know people, especially men, as friends.

3.  A lot of single women are looking for a boyfriend.  I once knew a girl who didn't want
         any guy friends, just a date.  If she didn't want to date a guy, then she saw no need to
        get to know him.  I imagine that some women are like that, and you probably pick up on
        that

4.  You talking to a single woman know that there is a chance, at least a small one and
          especially if you find her attractive, that talking could lead to dating ( If you aren't
         married, anyway).  It's normal to feel a bit of pressure when you talk to someone you
         are attracted to; this can lead to a feeling, even if only unconcious, that you need to
         put your best foot forward.  This works for women as well as men.  Unfortunately, this
         can lead to a person feeling like they can't be completely themselves, which can lead to
         a feeling of uncomfortability when talking.

Most likely there is a mix of all 4 in this problem of yours, and I think it is completely normal.  Me, I talk to anyone...that might be a problem in and of itself, because I can talk and talk and talk for hours!

Tiff summed it up nicely!  

I noticed when I was single that I was most likely to get asked out if I wasn't looking for a date.  It was weird.  I finally decided that I was just going to enjoy being single for a while and not worry about guys, and wouldn't you know it, I wound up with the man who is now my husband.  Of course, his hitting on me had nothing to do with my availability, he just overheard me telling a liberal what a moron he was.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, women do not change after marriage.  There is a lot of stress that goes with dating.  And women get tired of the games guys play with us when dating.  If you don't know what I am referring to, read the relationship threads in GD, and notice the stupid advice given.  Some of you are enough to cause anyone to act insane or dump you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, women do not change after marriage.  There is a lot of stress that goes with dating.  And women get tired of the games guys play with us when dating.  If you don't know what I am referring to, read the relationship threads in GD, and notice the stupid advice given.  Some of you are enough to cause anyone to act insane or dump you.

It was a serious question...and I think it's safe to say I handle relationships a tad differently than your average GD'er.

<---No games, no stress......just wants to know why so many still-single women are incapable of forming coherent sentences, incapable of talking about things other than their one hobby, etc, etc....

If *I* stress a woman out...she has serious issues.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Man, Ar, your posts really stress me out.  

Like seriously dude, fer sure.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#11]
women need to heed their own advice!

I'm not looking for a score
I'm not looking to get married

I'm just being "me"

maybe I should put a ring on, then maybe I'll be taken seriously.

I've had my "fun" running around, I've grown out of it and the "games".
I see a lot of women that catch my eye, but there's more to life than that.
In my experince, the women I've spent time with (that weren't married) have a few problems upstairs.
Oh well, eat poop and drive on!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Every day you may meet a woman. Every woman will be different. There before you is a person like none other that you have met previously and like no other you will meet tomorrow. To base your perception on the mere amount of single versus married female population that you have encountered so far in your life would be preposterous. Keep in mind that beauty lies within and until you get to know someone who is secure with herself enough to have removed her armour, you may not be seeing the true beauty they are holding inside, but only the protective shell or facade.
~end of philosophical rant

You seem to have a mature outlook on things, so that is perhaps why you get along better with married women than single women. Maybe the single women you have been around just need to simply grow up. The same could be said for some...er, most single men as well, but that's a whole topic in itself.

As for all of your manly points of view on women, I can't stand to be around most of them either, married or single. Single sided superficial conversations about pointless topics and always yapping about someone else's life and what choices they should be making. *ack* My dogs are better conversationalists...
~end of single woman rant (and by rant I mean extravagant)
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
BTW, This just in!!! Galati International has Hi-cap mags on sale! Woo hooo!!!!

Oooops, there I go talking about my one favorite hobby again  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It was a serious question...and I think it's safe to say I handle relationships a tad differently than your average GD'er.

<---No games, no stress......just wants to know why so many still-single women are incapable of forming coherent sentences, incapable of talking about things other than their one hobby, etc, etc....

I think this is an explanation of why they are single, honey.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell it, sigzig, tell it  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell it, sigzig, tell it  

Wrong quote?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell it, sigzig, tell it  

Wrong quote?

no, im laughing at your comment and agreeing with sigzig  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

tell it, sigzig, tell it  

Wrong quote?

no, im laughing at your comment and agreeing with sigzig  

I understood what you meant! Hey, you have the same teef as me! Are we long lost sisters???
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understood what you meant! Hey, you have the same teef as me! Are we long lost sisters???

i would be honored  

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:02:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:36:04 AM EDT
[#21]
[girl]  I wish men would see/appreciate me for who I am, not what I look like [/girl]

WELL IF YOU STOP PLAYING YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE GAMES AND JUST BE YOURSELF, MAYBE THAT WOULD HAPPEN!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:43:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:08:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Excuse me?????  Was that directed towards me?  

nope, just a rant that followed your post!

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#24]
No, I'm sure he just meant in general but we'll still spank him anyway

Ready gals??? Can you FEEL the love RED_5

[coy southern girl accent]Why RED_5, I do believe we posted almost simultaneously[/coy southern girl accent]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well the change is one that we have to make because one of us needs to be the sane on in the relationship.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
No, I'm sure he just meant in general but we'll still spank him anyway

Ready gals??? Can you FEEL the love RED_5

oooohhhhh thats the spot, oh yeah!

[coy southern girl accent]Why RED_5, I do believe we posted almost simultaneously[/coy southern girl accent]

haha   (I love your sense of humor)

(from way above)
You seem to have a mature outlook on things, so that is perhaps why you get along better with married women than single women. Maybe the single women you have been around just need to simply grow up. The same could be said for some...er, most single men as well, but that's a whole topic in itself.

problem with the last part is, that the "older" women I've run into are "too mature" to the point of they take themselves way too seriously and don't know how to chill out and have a little fun. (in my experince anyway)

as I said before, I give all women equal treatment.  so, I'm still waiting my time till that one comes along to show me that what I've experinced so far, was just 'bad luck' (or what ever you want to call it).

a related(~)  side note, the ex was jealous of the woman who intruduced us.  She was (is) married to a good friend of mine, we got along just great.  the ex even thought that we had been bf/gf.  
anyway, I got married to the wrong woman for the wrong reasons.  I learned in my marraige, but not as much as I did going through the divorce and since.   I'm an optimist, so I hold on for the future.   Not just for me, but for my daughter (she's first) (see gloating dad thread here)

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:03:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Yah, it's pretty ironic that mistakes are sometimes (in my case, always) our best teachers.  

However, your daughter is lucky to have a dad that spends quality time with her and as you stated, puts her first. I'm sure the knowledge you gain from your adventures through life will reflect in hers, and that my friend, may simply be the purpose behind it all

Hang in there and glad you enjoyed your spankings
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Because married women have lower standards? (Thats why they are married after all)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
It's early in the morning and I suppose I shall be blunt.  

arowneragain,

I've seen you be fairly judgemental and critical regarding some women's behavior and you seem pretty confrontational when you disagree with someone... although it may be an "internet persona."  I think those elements would, perhaps, stress a woman out.  

As for single women versus married women?  Yeah, if a single woman thinks you may be hitting on her then she will be more closed off.    

Bear in mind, though, that if we ARE as friendly as married women are with you that you might think we ARE interested in you and then if it was simply us being nice but not reciprocating your feelings then we would get accused of being a tease.

So, um.... kind of a no-win situation there, eh?  See my point?    

Thank you for pointing that out. (yes, seriously).

And let me take this chance to apologize for being judgemental in the past. I will try to do better in the future.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'm an optimist, so I hold on for the future.   Not just for me, but for my daughter (she's first) (see gloating dad thread here)

I get a kick out of gloating dad threads, so make sure to link us over any time you feel like showing her off.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I get a kick out of gloating dad threads, so make sure to link us over any time you feel like showing her off.  

why yes mam, I'll be sure to do so!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I noticed when I was single that I was most likely to get asked out if I wasn't looking for a date.  It was weird.  I finally decided that I was just going to enjoy being single for a while and not worry about guys, and wouldn't you know it, I wound up with the man who is now my husband.  Of course, his hitting on me had nothing to do with my availability, he just overheard me telling a liberal what a moron he was.  hr

I noticed the same thing.  When I just got tired of looking, they'd hound my door.  My husband has noticed that women are nicer to him now that he's married, too.  He thinks they might be interested... perhaps, but it is possible they are more comfortable with him and he's more comfortable with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top