Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 12:46:06 PM EDT
Whether the reports right now are true or not, there are two Italian women, who were working to better the lives of Iraqi children, who are in the hands of people that have already done horrendous things.  I think that it is safe to say that whether they have in fact been killed, no, murdered, or not already, their time is soon coming.  Simona Torretta and Simona Pari, two brave women who were peacefully working to make a better world, are brave women, and my heart and prayers go out to them and their families.

I do not believe that Italy will cave in.  Remember, they have had longstanding conflicts with terrorists, and have never, to my knowledge, backed down from a fight in this arena.  I hope to God that I am right in this.

I am currently in college, and have heard many people on campus talking about this.  While some praise their courage, almost all continue to blame this situation on America and talk about how the animals who took these women are also victims, and need to be taught how to love.  I am tired of their thoughts, their opinions, their crap.  I am tired of people who justify the unspeakable actions of others.  I am tired of being told that I have to understand THEIR position, their life.  WHY?  If I were to ask a liberal to understand why a soldier had to shoot and kill a man, they would still scream for his blood.

I was in Russia when the terrorists took over the school and started murdering children.  I have talked to the people who support them from Europe, sending money and gathering more.  I see them on the campus of MY college, getting a stellar education with MY PARENTS tax dollars, raising money to send to Hamas and other groups in the middle east.    If a dog becomes mad with rabies and is loose in a neighborhood, that dog must be killed.  I would shed a tear for him, but the death would be necessary nonetheless.  I have no sympathies for these people, I don't even have contempt.  They are worse than that mad dog, because the dog had no choice.  These people do, and continue to choose to violate basic human principles, even their own supposed faith.  They have no honor; there is no honor in killing women and children.

I do not know what the solution is.  I do not have a background in strategy or military planning.  However, I do know culture and politics, and I know that people of this ideology are spreading their filth, and that they must be stopped.  I resist the idea of this being a war of religious faith, these men have no religion other than blood.  This is a war of humanity, and a test of our moral strength and courage.  Most of all, this is a war we cannot afford to lose.

The guys in GD are talking about this as well.  They say that they would love to see a US soldier get his hands on the men who have taken these two women.  I agree with all but one aspect.  I hope that soldier is a woman.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
 I do not know what to say.  I read about this yesterday, and it still makes me cry.  I am at a loss for words, so I will just pray.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
TJMZ,it is actually different hearing you say this coming from a college student,where I work I am surrounded my liberal college students. A few times I have taken on customers and thankfully they haven't complained to managment. I don't know what to tell you,but my feelings run very strong and very deep. I'm ex-military so my stand is not going to be the norm. I am angry at what cowards these people are and yes I havev a bias towards muslims at this point. If they came out and denounced things I might ,and I say that loosely might have a little difference of opinion,but right now I have a hard time even being sort of civil. It is a different world and I know we can not back down from this fight and I can only hope that Bush remains in office. If nothing else for the sake of our men and women in uniform. I truly believe we need to take a stronger stance and if there happen to be more civilian casualties on their part so be it,but as I said my stand would be a much harder stand, but I think if they had just a small taste they would quickly realise we meant business. It's just my thoughts and I wish the president wouldn't worry about what the rest of the world thought,but I know it's an election year.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel like I've been crying for weeks.  And the thing that breaks my heart the most are the people who will make comments like the one you mention:

almost all continue to blame this situation on America and talk about how the animals who took these women are also victims

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I feel like I've been crying for weeks.  And the thing that breaks my heart the most are the people who will make comments like the one you mention:

almost all continue to blame this situation on America and talk about how the animals who took these women are also victims

that statement got me too. I can't even respond to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top