Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 6:14:12 AM EDT
I haven't been to any shoots for arfcom. This weekend Indiana is having a shoot and fundraiser. Mr and I were really looking forward to going. Our built in babysitter will be at her fathers this weekend, so we were forced to look for someone else. We don't have family living close enough to ask there and I have run out of options. So my question is. Have any of you taken your children to a shoot. Child in question is only 18 mths old and I don't feel comfortable with it. Mr says it will be fine, just keep him way back away from the firing line. What would you do?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:19:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Cat would be perfect to answer this!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
depends on who will be willing to take the time to watch and amuse him for several hours or go with a plan to only stay for a limited time frame

if you or Mr has to spend all your time chasing/amusing him, it will decrease your enjoyment

i say hubby stays home and you go shoot  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I haven't been to any shoots for arfcom. This weekend Indiana is having a shoot and fundraiser. Mr and I were really looking forward to going. Our built in babysitter will be at her fathers this weekend, so we were forced to look for someone else. We don't have family living close enough to ask there and I have run out of options. So my question is. Have any of you taken your children to a shoot. Child in question is only 18 mths old and I don't feel comfortable with it. Mr says it will be fine, just keep him way back away from the firing line. What would you do?

I would be concerned about the noise for the little ones ear -too much to take - I dunno?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
depends on who will be willing to take the time to watch and amuse him for several hours or go with a plan to only stay for a limited time frame

if you or Mr has to spend all your time chasing/amusing him, it will decrease your enjoyment

i say hubby stays home and you go shoot  

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Noise level was one of my concerns. Mr has no hearing anyway, so it doesn't bother him, or he doesn't think of it. It would be ME that would chase him around and keep him occupied, so for me there would be very little enjoyment. We couldn't stay all day anyway, since Mr was kind enough to get tickets for the circus for the same night. It's a long drive down and back so we would have to leave early to get back in time for the circus. Mr has already invited a friend of his to go, so with the advice offered here, I will send Mr on his merry way, with camara in tow. I'll enjoy my day by peeling more wallpaper.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#6]
You and I can hang out on here and talk about them since I can't go either.  QS is leaving this evening to camp down there with some of the other guys, so I'll get to watch a chick flick and eat bon-bons this evening.

P.S. Are you all in Indy?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Southeast side north of  Beech Grove.
I talked to Mr on the phone, he says we are ALL going. well ok, not sure what is going to happen now. We'll see what the morning brings.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I know that QS is bring some quiet stuff, so maybe it won't be too loud all the time.  Either way, have fun!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I took the baby before he even turned 1 and his 4 year old brother along to a shoot.  We were at a WMA, so I took them across the street to the lake while geekdude got some range time, then we switched out.  We got both of them to wear muffs for a while at the range, too.  It did decrease my enjoyment, though, and I have sworn never to do that again.  I tried it one other time, and wound up sitting in the car with the kids the whole time.  NOT fun.  I don't blame you for not wanting to take the baby.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top