Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 9:22:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nail Tek
mfg by Prima Technologies
501 Route 111
Smithtown NJ  11788-4359

Google or Froogle search for the product....no affiliation, btw.

Bought a bottle about 2 yrs ago on the advice from a woman on a mailing list.  I've tried 'em all--this really worked for me.  My nails used to split into layers, horizonally and vertically :( Plus  chip at the ends . My fingernails are natually thin and soft.

Now, for the 1st time in my life,  I have good looking nails (even without wearing the Nail TeK).  I am not 'easy' on my hands, never wear gloves, unless it is very cold.

HTH

Gwen
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The best way to get your nails happy is to treat 'em right inside and out.  Take pre-natal vitamins - when I take those, my nails turn into steel.  Also, spend a lot of attention on them - keep hands moisturized, push back and trim your cuticles every couple of days, keep them filed nice and smooth.  After a couple of months of the two-pronged attack you should see results.  

Be very careful with any product you put on your nails as it can harden the outside while it's applied but cause weaknesses that don't show up until after it's off.

I agree with this.  Be careful using polish to strengthen nails; while the polish strengthens, the remover will weaken nails.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with MrsGloftoe, but I'd take it a step further and look at her diet.  You really are what you eat.  Any polish she puts on will only be a temporary cover for the damage.  Correcting her nutrition will help even with the problems that she can't see.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I know lots of girls recommend some kind of nail strengthener, but keep in mind it cuts of the air supply to the nails.  My nails get really strong if I take a combo of the following:

Chromium Picolinate
Gelatin

BTW- the chromium has a tendency to make people break out if consumed in large quantities so keep it to a min - more isn't always better.

Quoted:
My girlfriend has thin nails and wants to know what is the best strengthing CLEAR fingernail polish?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Chromium picolinate is suggested to help control blood sugar (evens out the highs and lows). Didn't know it would help nails :)  Interesting!  

BTW...I don't use nail polish remover, just let the Nail Tek wear off.

Gwen
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if it has been debunked or found to be problematic, but for a while around here women were using the same stuff that ranchers use for horse's hooves.  Some of the beauty supply shops actually carried it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:00:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I know what it is for, I just observed that when taking Chromium my nails and hair grows like crazy.

Quoted:
Chromium picolinate is suggested to help control blood sugar (evens out the highs and lows). Didn't know it would help nails :)  Interesting!  

BTW...I don't use nail polish remover, just let the Nail Tek wear off.

Gwen

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top