Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 12:05:37 PM EDT
I don't care about saving face, I'm an idiot and my comments in MrsBRF's thread prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Continuing to post in a thread where people are coming out against you proves I'm an idiot, I have no excuse and do not care about the egg on MY face.

I don't care about getting banned from ARFCOM, this is not the reason I'm doing this.

The reason I'm sorry and asking for your forgiveness is because I make it pretty well know here on ARFCOM that I'm a Christian and what I said/did is a horrible witness to people who are not Christians of how a Christian should be.

What I said was wrong on many levels.

What I said hurt MrsBRF's feelings,  

MrsBRF is one of God's creations and when she hurts God hurts.

The reason I'm doing this is because I don't want to hurt God or His people. I don't want to perpetuate the "Christians are hippocrits" feeling some people have.

This may be to late for some of you to accept.....but......

I sincerely apologise.

I'm asking for you to forgive me.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If I know these ladies, they're big enough to forgive you.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You might get an apologie from her,but you were way out of line, and had no business posting that garbage in this forum. If you can not play by the rules for this forum, then stay out. We put up with you guys's garbage in the General Forum,we do not have to put up with it here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgive you as my brother in Christ, but it wasn't me you snarked at (at least not directly, but since I cried over Allie, too, I guess you did kind of indirectly slam me).

I meant what I said in the other thread though -- I think you should donate to Allie's family to help make up for acting so callous before.  It would do a lot to show that you are truly sorry.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I told you in IM allready, but I'll tell everyone,

I accept his apology as a fellow Christian, and I want to apologize for my very unladylike behavior as well.  I am sorry, I went a little too far.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Accepted here also.
I too went a little overboard, but it was the emotions of the day taking over, no excuse, but it happens.
bvmjethead,  I (can't say for the others) actually like when the men venture here, we get another point of view from the other side, sometimes just joking around with each other.
I would like to see you stick around in here, but not in the way you spoke in the other thread. We get enough of that in real life, we don't need it in our safe haven.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You know, in bvm's defense, I don't think he understood just WHY Mrs's BRF and Gungho were upset when he posted his slam.  The only way I can see for bvm to laugh it off like he did is if he had NO IDEA what had just happened with Allie, or what had been going on with her.  Allie WAS mentioned in MrsBRF's post, but it is quite easy to simply disregard references you don't understand.
It is plain to me that he intended to slam Mrs BRF, but he had no idea the scale of his error.  I don't know if that should be a reason to go a little easier on him or not.

This is absolutely correct.

No excuse but absolutely correct.

Thank you ladies for your forgivness here in the public forum and the IM's I've received.

It's you MrsBRF I'm most sorry about because it was your thread I ruined and you I directly attacked without knowing what was going on. I can understand if you don't want to talk to me right now, but please know I am really, really ashamed of my actions, sorry that I hurt your feelings and I'm asking you to forgive me.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the reason everyone was so upset is because it is a senstive issue.  Them knowing why you did that will help.  They just couldn't see someone being so mean for no reason.  So that knowing you didn't know the situation will help.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]
It says a lot that you apologize. I respect that.

But...
yeah you know it's coming

Subject matter aside....I would never go to a Catholic discussion forum and slam Christianity...so coming to a women's forum to slam women is a

Be nice to women, someday they just may be in charge.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But...

Subject matter aside....I would never go to a Catholic discussion forum and slam Christianity...so coming to a women's forum to slam women is a

They aren't already?

You are a smart, smart man. Let me go add you to my favourite arfcommers list.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But...

They aren't already?

They are in my house, that's for sure!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They aren't already?

They are in my house, that's for sure!

+1

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#15]
i accept. i understand that you didnt know about Allie i guess..but still, i was trying to release a bad feeling i was having. its okay though....ur a guy anyways....by the way in response to the voting thing....IM VOTING FOR BUSH, JACKASS!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top