Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 7:24:28 AM EDT
Well ladies, we've had a few drop out of the debate. Is that because they have given up trying to turn us, or they ran out of ammo since everything they threw at us we countered very well?
Whichever, I have some satisfaction that I debated cleanly and got my point across.
Oh BTW.. thread in W&P we have been asked NOT to chime in on... RIP AWB
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they like to be the ones asking the questions (no matter how ridiculous) and requiring us to back stuff up.  The really didn't like us asking them to prove to us why WE should not be able to own whatever gun we choose.  I noticed none of them touched my question: "Exactly how does it harm you or your family if I, a law-abiding citizen, put a folding stock and a bayonette on my rifle?  How does that infringe upon your rights?"  I guess they didn't have an answer, just a lot of rhetoric.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh good, I'm not the only one who has been arguing against AWB and more of less been getting the same reponses and agruments. Why does someone need a folding stock? Semi-automatic guns and people don't mix. Only I've been on a different board.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well ladies, we've had a few drop out of the debate. Is that because they have given up trying to turn us, or they ran out of ammo since everything they threw at us we countered very well?
Whichever, I have some satisfaction that I debated cleanly and got my point across.

I'm so proud of you girls....

I don't know how to get Cataclysm and Irish007 in here in the same quote, but it does my heart good to hear y'all speaking up.

Good on you!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

They asked who not to chime in?  Oh anyone with an opinion other than their own, because they can't handle it?????

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They asked who not to chime in?  Oh anyone with an opinion other than their own, because they can't handle it?????

img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/Persephonepics/hopmad.gif

Their emotion based arguments have allready proven inneffectual against LOGIC and FACTS, so they have run away.  

Did you catch where the liberal jumped into the conservative chat thread to reccomend Farenheit 9/11??  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Naa, I'm stuck on the "quiet letter to Bush supporters" in W&P.

WTF? is that her idea of a democratic election?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I finally got around to reading the first page of the mothering  discussions. So far I haven't come across anyone who's a raving nutball. Then I again I argue with the  raving  nutball queen who way past the tinfoil hat . Oh well, back to reading the discussion.

hmmm..maybe  I spoke to soon
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yeah, WTF?  If we like our house now, but some of the family wants to move, I should change my vote in order to make the rest of the family win??   Huh??
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I found sgtar15's brownies - they're at that chick's house and they are questionable.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]

linkies??

or is it going to piss me off too much??  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll IM you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Their emotion based arguments have allready proven inneffectual against LOGIC and FACTS, so they have run away.

Dude.  I think you're morphing into Doublefeed!

I strongly resent being called "Dude"....  I've always been a nitpicker.  Doublefeed may be able to learn a thing or 2 from me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/Persephonepics/hopmad.gif

DING DING DING

We have a winner. It really pissed me off, but then I thought, well let them have their moment of peace, since they did lose after all!

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I just finished reading mothering argument andit was really good.  FWIW, I thought the joke was funny
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Oh, yeah, that's my favorite.  "Vote for Kerry because I'll feel sad if Bush wins, and you care about my feeeeelings, right????"
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm still arguing on my board, now I just doing it to be a pain in the ass
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#19]
i saw the thread you ladies did a fine job
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
*SIGH*  When I first saw posts from women from (s)mothering.com I thought most women there were hopeless cases of Liberalitis.

Now I am getting to know more and more about those of you who have "converted" over to the dark (but FUN & WISE) side of the political spectrum...

I must honestly say that I'm proud to have all of you wonderful ladies here on AR15.com!  

Thank you!  Your presence here is making the website that much more pleasant, and it's helping us guys here keep our manners in check.  

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Haven't been there for months and life has been good, now I'm arguing about why I shouldn't vote the way people-who-don't-vote would vote if they weren't too damn lazy to vote themselves.    "people who don't vote tend to be liberal, you should take their feelings into consideration and vote Kerry for them."

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Haven't been there for months and life has been good, now I'm arguing about why I shouldn't vote the way people-who-don't-vote would vote if they weren't too damn lazy to vote themselves.  "people who don't vote tend to be liberal, you should take their feelings into consideration and vote Kerry for them."

Whats that you say? Now your sounding like them! All confused and such.
I'm sorry i drug you back over there. Come back to your normal self.. step away from the keyboard!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#24]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm arguing that if some fat bastage can't get off their lazy ass and vote it's not my problem!  Why should I care how they feel???

They're trying to tell me to vote Kerry because Kerry supporters are too lazy to vote.    I should vote for them to make them happy - it would make them "feel" better.

ARG! the maddness never ends!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm arguing that if some fat bastage can't get off their lazy ass and vote it's not my problem!  Why should I care how they feel???

They're trying to tell me to vote Kerry because Kerry supporters are too lazy to vote.    I should vote for them to make them happy - it would make them "feel" better.

ARG! the maddness never ends!!!!!

AHHHHH now I get it, you just sounded all confused the way you wrote it.

So in answer to them wanting you to vote Kerry cause they to lazy to do it.. I say flock em!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#26]
I see no one has ranted about the "married priveledge thread yet, so I'll go right ahead with a few quotes:

So- I am thinking about the ways that I can refuse "married" priviledge. Not economic/legal priviledges (can't refuse health benefits or hospital visitation rights for my family), but social priviledges. And I'm toying with the idea of:

No longer using the term husband, but partner instead.
No longer wearing my wedding ring.
Not answering the section on survey/other non-essential forms that ask marital status.
Refer to my marriage as a union.

Good thread! My partner and I have been together now for twelve years. We are Hetero and we have not married. We have a daughter.

I make no secret of the fact that the civil ceremony didn't mean a damn thing to us other than bowing, under duress, to government pressure. Ah, and I vote for those who agree with me, so that's something too.

Yes, marriage means nothing, we should abolish it entirely!!  That is the gist of a lot of the posts.  A lot of this stuff just gives me a headache.  There was another thread about a woman who supposedly got fired for having a Kerry bumper sticker (one side of the story reads this way), and they are calling for the ACLU to force the business owner to hire her back.  WTF?  She was never guaranteed a job.  It wouldn't be right to fire someone over a bumper sticker (unless on a company vehicle perhaps), but I can't see where the courts should have any say in it.  Of course, if I express this sentiment there, they'll accuse me of lacking compassion for the poor woman's plight.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I very rarely read anything there after the intial 3 or 4 posts, for the very reason of it just drives me crazy. I try to be understanding and all, but all they seem to care about is taking something that isn't kosher with them or their ideals, and then throw a hissy fit when the tables turn the other way. I guess most of your liberals are like that though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I see no one has ranted about the "married priveledge thread yet, so I'll go right ahead with a few quotes:

So- I am thinking about the ways that I can refuse "married" priviledge. Not economic/legal priviledges (can't refuse health benefits or hospital visitation rights for my family), but social priviledges. And I'm toying with the idea of:

No longer using the term husband, but partner instead.
No longer wearing my wedding ring.
Not answering the section on survey/other non-essential forms that ask marital status.
Refer to my marriage as a union.

Good thread! My partner and I have been together now for twelve years. We are Hetero and we have not married. We have a daughter.

I make no secret of the fact that the civil ceremony didn't mean a damn thing to us other than bowing, under duress, to government pressure. Ah, and I vote for those who agree with me, so that's something too.

Yes, marriage means nothing, we should abolish it entirely!!  That is the gist of a lot of the posts.  A lot of this stuff just gives me a headache.  There was another thread about a woman who supposedly got fired for having a Kerry bumper sticker (one side of the story reads this way), and they are calling for the ACLU to force the business owner to hire her back.  WTF?  She was never guaranteed a job.  It wouldn't be right to fire someone over a bumper sticker (unless on a company vehicle perhaps), but I can't see where the courts should have any say in it.  Of course, if I express this sentiment there, they'll accuse me of lacking compassion for the poor woman's plight.  

Saw that and thought:  well, if your marriage means nothing to you...means nothing to me too.  Can I get your benefits since you don't want them???
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#29]

persephone linked me to a few threads to read

*quivers in fear*  please dont make me go back there..............................please......................

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

persephone linked me to a few threads to read

*quivers in fear*  please dont make me go back there..............................please......................

RUN...... Run as fast as you can! Don't do it!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#31]
We got the dreaded: "I knew someone this one time who left his rifle out and one kid killed another kid, so I want them banned" argument.  Not only that, it was posted in the "I'm not here to debate, I just want to interject one line of illogical thought to derail the thread before I run away" style.    

Persephone, you bad girl who hates women, did you notice that the panty joke was reused by a lib?  I couldn't bring myself to make a big deal out of it, though.  I guess it is ok for libs to make off-color jokes, but a con that does it automatically discredits all conservatives.  

Another thread, someone stated that they have never met a real "compassionate conservative" anywhere, and it took all of my strength not to say, "yeah, I feel the same way about 'tolerant liberals'."  I feel better now.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Another thread, someone stated that they have never met a real "compassionate conservative" anywhere, and it took all of my strength not to say, "yeah, I feel the same way about 'tolerant liberals'."  I feel better now.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Persephone, you bad girl who hates women, did you notice that the panty joke was reused by a lib?  I couldn't bring myself to make a big deal out of it, though.  I guess it is ok for libs to make off-color jokes, but a con that does it automatically discredits all conservatives.  

I too noticed the panty joke, I just let it roll off my shoulders.. not to much gets to me nowadays.. you know, I am an uncompassionate conservative.
I didn't respond to that at the time it was posted because I had to run kids to their dads.. Better to let me calm down too. All I tried to do was insert logic too, that makes me uncompassionate. Oh well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top