Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 1:03:32 PM EDT
Lil gungho got ahold of his sisters lipstick and now has bright red lipstick all over a nice white shirt. What can I use to get this out?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife says Hairspray?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Hot Shot spray (get it at Home Depot). Blue can, orange top
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll give it a try thank you ... keep the ideas flowing just in case.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
White shirt?  1/4 cup of bleach in the wash with your next load of whites.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Greased Lightning will take out just about any stain.  I use it regularly.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#6]
hair spray took some of it out. I have it soaking now, going to go to the store tomorrow and buy some hot shot and some greased lightning. Where can I find greased lightning at?
Can;t do bleach as the sleeves are dark blue.
Sissy got a lecture on keeping her things out of his reach, I hope she does better.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Greased lightning is usually located with household cleaning supplies in grocery stores or Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep a bottle of Lestoil handy for grease, tar based stains.   Pour just enough to cover it, and rub.  I use an old tooth brush if necessary.  If it is a real mess, I'll rinse area out in sink, maybe try some 409 and repeat.   I find this works for the black penetrating oil we have at work that Shout and the rest don't even faze.

I've been doing my own laundry for 20+ years, FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Lighter fluid might do it.

...and, no, not to burn it out.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:27:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Lighter fluid might do it.

...and, no, not to burn it out.  

Had to laugh here, cause when I read lighter fluid might to it, I thought, damnit I don't want to burn the shirt!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Had to laugh here, cause when I read lighter fluid might to it, I thought, damnit I don't want to burn the shirt! hr

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
taking from wd40.com

WD 40 Saves the Wedding Dress

WD-40 once saved the day for us by removing a lipstick stain from a wedding dress. The bride's mother did a test on the inside of the hem of the polyester fabric of the dress by spraying WD40 on a cotton swab and rubbing the stain. Once she removed the stain, she went over the area with a small amount of soap and water on a damp cloth. Finally, with another cloth, she dampened the stained area with water only. After she air-dried it and assured that the test was successful, she removed the lipstick stain from the front of the dress. Professional dry cleaners she contacted stated that they didn't have a good track record with removing lipstick stains and were hesitant to make an attempt.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#13]
hmm lipstick....  no idea... i'm a pro with blood stains....

J
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

J

Yep I am pretty good at blood stains myself, which is a good things since he is aboy.
The stain is fading fast, as much as I have spent on stain removers, I could have bought a new shirt! Cept they don't have them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:...as much as I have spent on stain removers, I could have bought a new shirt!hr

No!  It's a quest at this point.  Never give up!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I HAVE WON!!!    

of course I had to try several different things, all taking a little more and a little more out. My last resort was to take an old toothbrush and some Tide, scrub really hard then rewash. It did the trick, but if I had not gotten it faded as much as I did before, I know it never would have worked.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Yep I am pretty good at blood stains myself, which is a good things since he is aboy.
The stain is fading fast, as much as I have spent on stain removers, I could have bought a new shirt! Cept they don't have them anymore.

Blood stains are easy!  Hydrogen peroxide baby!  Treat the wound and the stain at the same time!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Yesterdy I was hooking the hydraulic hoses on a farm implement, and accidentally sprayed myself w/ hydraulic fluid. I'll report later on how a liberal application of whatever-brand-they-had-at-NAPA mechanic's hand cleaner (I think it was GOJO brand) works for getting hydraulic fluid out of swimming trunks.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I HAVE WON!!!

Congratulations.  h,
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Brake cleaner will push the stain right out the other side.  Seriously!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J

Blood stains are easy!  Hydrogen peroxide baby!  Treat the wound and the stain at the same time!

Rub ice on blood stains.... Don't ask me how I know this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top