Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 5:22:21 PM EDT
DISCLAIMER
this list is not all inclusive, but damn funny anyway..

Who understands men?

1. The nice men are ugly.

2. The handsome men are not nice.

3. The handsome and nice men are gay.

4. The handsome, nice and heterosexual men are married.

5. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men, have no money.

6. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men with money think we are only after their money.

7. The handsome men without money are after our money.

8. The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual, don't think we are beautiful enough.

9. The men who think we are beautiful, that are heterosexual, somewhat nice and have money, are cowards.

10.The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and thank God are heterosexual, are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!!

11.The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest in us when we take the initiative.

NOW ....WHO IN THE HELL UNDERSTANDS MEN?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm trying to figure out where I fit in there...

BTW, Hi!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I certainly don't understand them
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
DISCLAIMER

Who understands men?

6. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men with money think we are only after their money.

8. The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual, don't think we are beautiful enough.

9. The men who think we are beautiful, that are heterosexual, somewhat nice and have money, are cowards.

10.The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and thank God are heterosexual, are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!!

11.The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest in us when we take the initiative.

First time I've ever seen a woman complain about not understanding men...

While we do the converse all the time, most of the ladies I know think they have everything figured out....

Now, who's gonna post the guy's list?

Oh,

<-- 12.The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and thank God are heterosexual, and not shy have an overriding priority which doesn't permit them to get 'involved', so they are content to be 'friends' and never make any moves

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Dave, its pretty much impossible to put together a list on women.. i mean, who the hell really understands them, let alone tries?
i know i dont try to understand my wife, found it better to go with the flow
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#6]
That whole list was my exact sentiment around this time last year.  I had completely given up on the male gender as a whole.  I was positive I'd be lucky to end up with a guy that wasn't doing time.

BEEN there.  Oh, have I ever been there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
DISCLAIMER

Who understands men?

1. The nice men are ugly.you just called me ugly, and you've never seen me. Thanks for being judgemental

2. The handsome men are not nice.or maybe I'm mean now...I'm confused!

3. The handsome and nice men are gay.um...no

4. The handsome, nice and heterosexual men are married.to who? there aren't any good women left!

5. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men, have no money.gold-diggers!

6. The men who are not so handsome, but are nice men with money think we are only after their money.I wonder why?

7. The handsome men without money are after our money.and you let us have it....

8. The handsome men, who are not so nice and somewhat heterosexual, don't think we are beautiful enough.there are some things even *I* won't touch.

9. The men who think we are beautiful, that are heterosexual, somewhat nice and have money, are cowards.I act like a gentleman...you label me a coward.

10.The men who are somewhat handsome, somewhat nice and have some money and thank God are heterosexual, are shy and NEVER MAKE THE FIRST MOVE!!!! Have a mutual friend introduce us.

11.The men who never make the first move, automatically lose interest in us when we take the initiative.and you're glad of it, though you won't admit it.

NOW ....WHO IN THE HELL UNDERSTANDS MEN? What DO you women understand? Anything?

um....oh, yeah, just kidding!

yeah, that's it.

yeah.

You opened the door.....

edited to add my own disclaimer....

*The above comments are not necessarily the views of arowneragain in particular, or men as a whole, but are merely presented to give a different perspective to the originally expressed views, in the interest of furthering discussion that could possibly lead to a greater mutual understanding between the sexes..*

Or in other words, it a joke.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DISCLAIMER

Who understands men?

Wow I am married.  How did that list know that?

eta- As a man I can honestly say, there is not much to understand.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
1. The nice men are ugly.you just called me ugly, and you've never seen me. Thanks for being judgemental

*The above comments are not necessarily the views of arowneragain in particular, or men as a whole, but are merely presented to give a different perspective to the originally expressed views, in the interest of furthering discussion that could possibly lead to a greater mutual understanding between the sexes..*

i could rant on about most of your answers, but i will just take this one

post a picture of your nice, handsome, heterosexual, rich, confident, love to be ravaged self and prove the whole thing wrong

then i will take it all back

double dog dare ya
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]

<pulls lever for #8 and walks off whistling, hands in pockets>
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Look at this smile and tell me I'm not handsome and nice.  Now look at my Bling-Bling and tell me I don't have money.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
<--------- is shy, so #10 for me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
home.quixnet.net/~mcress/looker.jpg

Look at this smile and tell me I'm not handsome and nice.  Now look at my Bling-Bling and tell me I don't have money.

well aside from the fact that isnt you....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Ya...I think I understand what you mean. For example, my left hand is handsome, has a few bucks is not shy and stays busy quite often, while my right hand never has any extra money, is ugly, too shy and never gets any action!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
home.quixnet.net/~mcress/looker.jpg

well aside from the fact that isnt you....

I can't get away with anything around here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:54:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

post a picture of your nice, handsome, heterosexual, rich, confident, love to be ravaged self and prove the whole thing wrong

double dog dare ya

You'd like that.

edit:

I'll be at gunstock.
No ravaging allowed....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

double dog dare ya

You'd like that.

edit:

I'll be at gunstock.
No ravaging allowed....

Not a man of your word then, huh?  I seem to recall you saying something about posting a pic....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

double dog dare ya

You'd like that.

edit:

I'll be at gunstock.
No ravaging allowed....

Not a man of your word then, huh?  I seem to recall you saying something about posting a pic....

Maybe he is SO hot that he is afraid he would melt us all
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

double dog dare ya

You'd like that.

edit:

I'll be at gunstock.
No ravaging allowed....

Maybe he is SO hot that he is afraid he would melt us all

see, bud, its not just me--post 'em if ya got 'em--shy boy  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#20]
When someone actually figures out how men think, please let me know.  I swear, the older I get the less I understand them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Unfortunately I think it is so simplistic that we will never be able to uncomplicate things enough to understand
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Don't you just love being picky?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Don't you just love being picky?

I admit that I am 'picky'.  I will never settle for less than what I want; I taught my daughters the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You are never going to find a wife if you don't start making some moves.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#26]
dont even try to understand women i find when they talk the easiiest anwers are yah mmmmhem
yes no maybe nothing uuhuh
thats the extent of answers you need to answer a womans ?s
jk woman are easy understand just pay attention to them show affection  abd be nice and gentle
listening is the most  important thing
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
dont even try to understand women i find when they talk the easiiest anwers are yah mmmmhem
jk woman are easy understand just pay attention to them show affection  abd be nice and gentle

single, huh???  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

single, huh???  

nope married with 1 son
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
DISCLAIMER

I was somewhere between these 2 before meeting my wife.

shooter
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Guys are born with a fundamental, genetically transmitted mental condition known to psychologists as: The Fear That If You Get Attached to a Woman Some Unattached Guy Will Be Having More Fun Than You.

This is why all married guys assume that all unmarried guys lead lives of constant excitement involving hot tubs full of naked international fashion models. Whereas, in fact, for most unmarried guys the climax of the typical evening is watching an infomercial for Hair-in-a-spray-can while eating onion dip straight from the container. (This is also true of married guys, although statistically, they are far more likely to be using a spoon.)

So guys are extremely reluctant to make commitments, or even take any steps that might lead to commitment. This is why, when a guy goes out on a date with a woman and finds himself really liking her; he will often demonstrate his affection by avoiding her for the rest of his life. Women are puzzled by this. “I don’t understand,” they say. “We had such a great time! Why doesn’t he call?”

The reason is that the guy, using the linear guy thought process, has realized that if he takes her out again, he’ll probably like her even more, so he’ll take her out again, and eventually they’ll fall in love, get married, have children, then have grandchildren, and eventually retire and take a trip around the world, and they’ll be walking hand-in-hand on some spectacular beach in the South Pacific, reminiscing about the lifetime of experiences they’ve shared together, and then several naked international fashion models will walk up and invite him to join them in a hot tub, and he won’t be able to do it.

Hope this lends a little insight into those bizarre creatures we call men.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The reason is that the guy, using the linear guy thought process, has realized that if he takes her out again, he’ll probably like her even more, so he’ll take her out again, and eventually they’ll fall in love, get married, have children, then have grandchildren, and eventually retire and take a trip around the world, and they’ll be walking hand-in-hand on some spectacular beach in the South Pacific, reminiscing about the lifetime of experiences they’ve shared together, and then several naked international fashion models will walk up and invite him to join them in a hot tub, and he won’t be able to do it.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#33]
… Dang, there’s a lot of truth to your post Donna. Being single has its benefits and its downsides both. I was married once for nearly 14 years. It was a double-edged sword. On one hand, the stability, double-income and companionship were nice. Unfortunately, we just couldn’t live with each other well and we eventually fell out of love. Once I crossed that point where I didn’t care any longer I looked at my single buddies and brothers with envy.

... Then when I became single I had more control over my life, freedom to do what I wanted, when and where. Buy what I want, when I want, paint the house the color I want, fly all over the country on a whim. No one to answer to. Problem was there were many times there was no one to talk to, no one to share my emotions with, the day’s stories and so on. Unfortunately, the one thing I loved the most about being in a great relationship was missing to - I love pampering, nurturing, coddling to her needs, small surprises, treating her like a lady always, dinners & wine and just generally making her feel as good about her life as I possibly can. Sometimes it was as simple as just listening, sometimes it meant I best give her some space and go work on something in the garage.

... Yup, I miss the giving the most. But I’m afraid of commitment; of once again being trapped in something I can’t just walk away from if it doesn’t work out. An odd conundrum for certain.

... On the bright side, I do envision myself settling down again someday. I just pray that before I say, “I do” again, we both know in our hearts that we’ve both found our life-partners. If I we do, there won’t be any doubts about spending the rest of our lives together. That I’m sure of.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Guys are born with a fundamental, genetically transmitted mental condition known to psychologists as: The Fear That If You Get Attached to a Woman Some Unattached Guy Will Be Having More Fun Than You.

This is why all married guys assume that all unmarried guys lead lives of constant excitement involving hot tubs full of naked international fashion models. Whereas, in fact, for most unmarried guys the climax of the typical evening is watching an infomercial for Hair-in-a-spray-can while eating onion dip straight from the container. (This is also true of married guys, although statistically, they are far more likely to be using a spoon.)

So guys are extremely reluctant to make commitments, or even take any steps that might lead to commitment. This is why, when a guy goes out on a date with a woman and finds himself really liking her; he will often demonstrate his affection by avoiding her for the rest of his life. Women are puzzled by this. “I don’t understand,” they say. “We had such a great time! Why doesn’t he call?”

much funnier and more truthful than my original post, donna

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
… Dang, there’s a lot of truth to your post Donna. Being single has its benefits and its downsides both. I was married once for nearly 14 years. It was a double-edged sword. On one hand, the stability, double-income and companionship were nice. Unfortunately, we just couldn’t live with each other well and we eventually fell out of love. Once I crossed that point where I didn’t care any longer I looked at my single buddies and brothers with envy.

... Then when I became single I had more control over my life, freedom to do what I wanted, when and where. Buy what I want, when I want, paint the house the color I want, fly all over the country on a whim. No one to answer to. Problem was there were many times there was no one to talk to, no one to share my emotions with, the day’s stories and so on. Unfortunately, the one thing I loved the most about being in a great relationship was missing to - I love pampering, nurturing, coddling to her needs, small surprises, treating her like a lady always, dinners & wine and just generally making her feel as good about her life as I possibly can. Sometimes it was as simple as just listening, sometimes it meant I best give her some space and go work on something in the garage.

... Yup, I miss the giving the most. But I’m afraid of commitment; of once again being trapped in something I can’t just walk away from if it doesn’t work out. An odd conundrum for certain.

... On the bright side, I do envision myself settling down again someday. I just pray that before I say, “I do” again, we both know in our hearts that we’ve both found our life-partners. If I we do, there won’t be any doubts about spending the rest of our lives together. That I’m sure of.

This brought tears to my eyes, in that I know at least one other human on this planet knows exactly how I feel. Except that WW is a man, and I am a woman so swap out all the lady references for man references, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Excellent analysis.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This brought tears to my eyes, in that I know at least one other human on this planet knows exactly how I feel. Except that WW is a man, and I am a woman so swap out all the lady references for man references, if that makes sense.

Well, not quite tears, but I was pretty moved, and it makes sense SZ! I wasn't expecting such seriousness! You are both right though... I was married 11 years and can say that even at the start I didn't know in my heart I'd found my life partner. In fact I was pretty sure he wasn't the one... but I think this may be a totally different story for a different thread...
It is a very tricky thing, the balance between being with or being without.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Here's another aspect to consider!!

Edited: Not that this is a BAD thing....

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... I know at least one other human on this planet knows exactly how I feel. Except that WW is a man, and I am a woman so swap out all the lady references for man references ...

... Well then, have any plans for next Saturday night?  

... jus' funnin'
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

This is why all married guys assume that all unmarried guys lead lives of constant excitement involving hot tubs full of naked international fashion models. Whereas, in fact, for most unmarried guys the climax of the typical evening is souping up hotrods or playing computer games or watching The Commando with his feet on the coffe table while eating cookies on the couch and drinking milk straignt from the jug.

Fixed it for ya.

International supermodels are WAY overrated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top