Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 4:07:24 PM EDT
Hey!

I'm new to the forum and wanted to just check in and say 'Howdy!' to y'all.  I have *lots* of experience in hand-to-hand combat (5+ yrs TKD), but I'm getting a little old for that kind of stuff and am hoping to learn more about firearms and exactly how to get the most out of using them.  My buddy here at arfcon (remaining anonymous until...) suggests that I ask for help.  OK; no pride here.  I'm asking for help with this.  Are any of you coming to the Indy shoot Sept. 17, 18, 19?  If so, I'd love to hook up with any of you to discuss planning tactics.   Thanks for being here, ladies, and I sincerely hope to meet some of you weekend after next.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmm--didnt know there was a shoot--i have friends coming in--nonshooters  

welcome welcome anyway--post in HOTD and send us all the complimentary box of Godiva  

beware of GD--it gets high and deep there.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
DC, check out the Indiana forums, all the info is there.
Welcome aboard GC, As of now hubby and I are planning to attend the shoot, have conflicting plans that may prevent us from going though. I'll know closer to the date, if we make it, would love to meet up with you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
This thread is worthless without.... oh no! I'm not gonna pull that IN HERE!!!

You made the "Active Topics" button, I clicked it and *poof*.

Welcome to ARFCOM, and ignore us guys.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome!! Glad you have joined us.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome I studied TKD as well, and love it. But I'll take a .45 from across the room over hand to hand anytime!!!!

These folks are GREAT! Enjoy
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome aboard. Don't let the guys scare you off. There are still a few knuckle draggers around,but for the most part a good group.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#9]
 Welcome!  Glad to see another lady here.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome!

I will be up in your neck of the woods that weekend to run the Chigago half-marathon, but something tells me I should be heading to Indiana to do some shooting instead

Let me know if you plan to head to Texas any time soon, and we can do some shootin'
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#11]
All things have panned out, hubby and I will be at the shoot, if we find a sitter, but since we have plenty of time, I am sure we will find one. really hope to see some of our ladies there can realistically make it.  (distance ya know)

We'll be there the 18th.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome from one cowgirl to another.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome!

How did you come up with your screen name? Any meaning?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome Grateful_Cowgirl!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:24:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Did the Womenz explain the BANANA rule to ya?hr

No, but I'm dying of curiosity now, so please fill me in.
I have the bad habit, unfortunately, of bending and stretching rules just to see how far I can push things...again, I have no pride and will beg for help with this.
Thanks,
GC
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:31:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Welcomehe
These folks are GREAT! Enjoy hr

I'm hip to that.  Avoiding broken bones (nose, multiple ribs, toes, knuckles, etc.) seems like a better way to go.  Still, there are times when kicking serious butt can be...fun? cathartic?  a great stress reliever?  Whatever.  I'm sure that you know what I mean.  My rebuilt knee is a reminder that it'll cost me once the fighting is done...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:37:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Welcome! he

Let me know if you plan to head to Texas any time soon, and we can do some shootin' hr

Thanks for the invite.  Bet you have some BIG guns down there in Texas.  Sounds like a good time.

What are you running from/to?  I only run when there's something really scary behind me (big dog, monster, etc.) or something really cool in front of me (beer truck, Brad Pitt, etc.).  Maybe it's the reconstructed knee...nope, I'm just lazy that way.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:38:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Welcome from one cowgirl to another.  hr

Ride on, sister.  Cowgirls rule!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Welcome!

How

The name: I've been a Deadhead for many a year now; you know, the Grateful Dead?  I'm arfcon's new token hippy chick hippie.gif.  I am a certified horse trainer and riding instructor, too, mostly at my family's boarding stable and surrounding racing stables.

I've been a river rafting guide and backcountry horse-packing guide (living in a teepee isn't easy when you're 30+) and am currently into scuba diving .
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
All things have panned out, hubby and I will be at the shoot, if we find a sitter, but since we have plenty of time, I am sure we will find one. really hope to see some of our ladies there can realistically make it.  (distance ya know)

We'll be there the 18th.

Sweet!  I'll be camping there on the 17th with my "special friend".  I'm about 5'10" and have longer blond hair hoice).
"Special friend" sounds like he should be riding the short bus, doesn't it?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top