Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 8:55:32 AM EDT
Variation: Last time I made this I used Feta instead of Parmesan and it was YUMMY!  

Summertime Green Bean Salad
Serves 8

2 pounds green beans trimmed
5 cloves garlic, peeled
2/3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 large Vidalia onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 cup imported olives, preferably Nicoise, pitted
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Fill a large pot with salted water. Set over high heat, and bring to a boil. Add the beans and 2 cloves of garlic.

Cook until the beans are tender but still have some snap to them.

Drain the beans and immediately place them under cold running water to stop the cooking. When cool, drain again. Discard the garlic. Put the beans in a bowl and douse with oil and vinegar.

Finely chop the remaining 3 cloves of garlic. Add them to the beans along with the remaining ingredients and toss. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#1]
That sounds good....but anything w/ Feta cheese sounds good to me.

If this is the official recipe thread, I'll bite:

Anyone ever take a small round brick of Gouda cheese (regular, not smoked!), wrap it up in crescent rolls, and bake the rolls as normal...then eat it as an appetizer while hot?

Mmmmmmm....
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Anyone ever take a small round brick of Gouda cheese (regular, not smoked!), wrap it up in crescent rolls, and bake the rolls as normal...then eat it as an appetizer while hot?

Mmmmmmm....

Kind of  like baked brie except with gouda?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmmmmm....

Irish, you read my mind!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmmmmm....

YUM!!!!!!!!!!
Cheese is my weakness. I would take cheese over chocolate any day.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#5]
<----a little weak on fancy names for food.

<----Was pleased with himself (up until now!) for just knowing the names of various kinds of cheese (beyond just cheddar, nacho, velveeta, and EZ).

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
<----a little weak on fancy names for food.

<----Was pleased with himself (up until now!) for just knowing the names of various kinds of cheese (beyond just cheddar, nacho, velveeta, and EZ).

I wouldn't have known the what brie was either. My friend went to Smith where they ate fancy food like that and told she me  what it was.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#7]
That sounds YUMMY!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If any of you garden...try a planting of Romano beans, the flat Italian green beans. Large like a lima bean pod, but you eat the whole thing. There are bush and pole varieties. Very productive, and we prefer them to 'regular' green beans.

We love feta cheese...will make this salad this week. mmmmmmm

Gwen

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:33:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Anything with garlic sounds good to me. I'm also a big fan of cheese. I work next to the deli and get to sample all kinds of cheese. There is even a good garlic cheese.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:49:16 AM EDT
[#11]
mmmmm.....I am getting hungry, I think I will try it.  A salad with baked crescent rolls....mmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
YUM!!!!!!!!!!
Cheese is my weakness. I would take cheese over chocolate any day.

+1,000,000
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top