Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 4:59:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be interested too. I've wanted to put together some. I am always open to a new project.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't, but my oldest daughter does.  She attended a scrapbook party and got started from there. A good place to look for things would be Wally world, or a craft store. I usually try to buy the supplies on sale as it can get rather expensive.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I just started scrapbooking. F.Y.I. alot of that stuff is way cheap on ebay. It is fun and easy for someone like me ( I enjoy crafts that don't take too long) you can do a couple of pages a day, or a bunch at once. I have a 12x12 book to fill. It works for me, because so many of the dye-cuts and stickers are so big. Have fun and good luck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:54:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife does the Creative memories thing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#7]
edited, supposed to be narilka's post.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#9]
My mother did them for a while.  Then got out of them when me and my brothers started moving out of the house.  She also did scrap/memory box's as well.  Every know and then I would go through mine and it was preety neat what she saved for us.

And as a side note if you girls ever decide to pull one over on us guys title the thread with a topic that has nothing to do with us.  Kinda like this one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#10]
i did one in high school for a couple of years, but when we my mom was restationed to to georgia it was lost and i never found it. but i started with construstion paper, lace (that i took from my mother's sewing supplies) ribbons, pieces of my pomp pomp's from my cheerleading days, flower petals. i was on the beta club in high school too and for initation we had to dress up as a character from disney movies, and i was dopey from snow white and the seven dwarves and i saved a piece of the over larged shirt that i wore. i also had drawings in mine, but i also started at a time in my life that i would never experience again. that was just some things that i put in mine.

i'm thinking about doing one again for college.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#11]
scrapbooks are a little elaborate for me, but i have 4 boxes of 'stuff,'  preHS, high school and one from each college (long story) that i have saved along the way

i just got them back from my parents (never really had space for them before) and have been looking through them--pretty funny stuff!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Scrapbooking can be as easy or as difficult as you make it.  Trust me if I can do it anyone can.  First you need to find a "real" scrapbook store.  Go there and get ideas.  Try not to spend too much money!  That is the hard part.

Then scan Wal-mart for the rest.  You can use everything!  Old material, old ribbon.  Greeting cards.  Construction paper.  Just anything.  But you need the ideas first.  That is the hard part.  Use old buttons, old pictures, stickers, notes, ribbons from the fair.  Pamphlets that you pick up along the way for the event you are going to.  Business cards for restaurants you have eaten at.  Napkins from weddings with the wedding invitation.......the list goes on and on!

Good Luck!
Pam
callgirl
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top