Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 9:57:54 AM EDT
Hey ladies just a heads up, ya got one one out in the shark tank(GD)

ETA: that is of course if she is legit and not one of the guys tollin or something.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, we're trying to pull her out of deep water.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#2]
We're trying to save her.  I really think there should be a warning in GD that women should not post their intro threads there.    Some of the guys make it a point to chase off any woman who tries to join.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We're trying to save her.  I really think there should be a warning in GD that women should not post their intro threads there.    Some of the guys make it a point to chase off any woman who tries to join.  

Yah normaly  i'll sit a read them and laugh my ass off, but latly they seem to go over the line a bit. It's ok if the lady in question can take it and dish it, like lady Croft did so well. And there is that other young lady(necromancer) that seems to be holding her own rather well too..... I guess maybe some of these guys see it as a frosh hazing type thing, but at times they go overboard.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Well, yeah, but some of us go out of our way to make them feel welcome too!

And BTW, Catasomething, I saw a commercial about "Resident Evil" and now know where your atavar came from. You go, girl! Stupidly, I always picture you like that even KNOWING it's just a picture!

Ok, sorry to but in. Back to your regularly scheduled activities.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And BTW, Catasomething, I saw a commercial about "Resident Evil" and now know where your atavar came from. You go, girl! Stupidly, I always picture you like that even KNOWING it's just a picture!

I think it's great that some of the guys try to welcome the ladies, but I get really irritated at the way a lot of the others jump in demanding pics and accusing the woman of being a troll before they even know her.  Guys post intros over there all the time without getting called "attention whores"...  Ah, well.  Keep welcoming them, we need more guys like you around!

LOL on my avatar.  It's ok, I picture people looking like their avatars even after I've seen pics of them.  I feel like Doublefeed is a stranger now, since I got to know him as Willie and he's changed to Waylon.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BSP1 yer right there are a few who do go out of their way to make them feel welcome. It's just to bad that, like most things, those who are being idiots or assholes seem to outnumber those who are not.

ETA Cat I love your avitar. Mila is totaly the women of my dreams.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I never bothered to post an intro in GD. I just jumped right in. Then again I also chose a screen name that wouldn't scream "FEMALE!" I've been around boys long enough to know better. It is always nice to see upstanding gentlemen stand out among the herd though... so I like going through the intro's in GD to see who is who.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BSP1 yer right there are a few who do go out of their way to make them feel welcome. It's just to bad that, like most things, those who are being idiots or assholes seem to outnumber those who are not.

For most of my adult life I've been trying to get more gals/families involved w/shooting figuring they are the future of the sport. I've had success, and I've been advised to have my head examined. Long story short, it's hard to get them out to the range. Once there, it's all good, but man, getting them there....

Here, I'm tripping over gun owning gals right and left. VERY cool!

The more the better!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For most of my adult life I've been trying to get more gals/families involved w/shooting figuring they are the future of the sport. I've had success, and I've been advised to have my head examined. Long story short, it's hard to get them out to the range. Once there, it's all good, but man, getting them there....

The more the better!

I had one lady friend that wasn't that way. she'd always bug me about not having gone shooting and say how we need to go shooting. Saddly  we don't talk much if at all any more.

But I think yer right. I was happy as hell a couple days ago when I went to the range and couldn;t shoot on the one i wanted to. I wanted to do some work with my .308 but the 100 yard range was full up with a coulple families out there. Moms, Dads and  kids. It was great to see. I just went to another range on the facility and shot my ARs, than went back later in the day to work out the bugs in the .308.

I like seeing that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The more the better!

I had one lady friend that wasn't that way. she'd always bug me about not having gone shooting and say how we need to go shooting. Saddly  we don't talk much if at all any more.

But I think yer right. I was happy as hell a couple days ago when I went to the range and couldn;t shoot on the one i wanted to. I wanted to do some work with my .308 but the 100 yard range was full up with a coulple families out there. Moms, Dads and  kids. It was great to see. I just went to another range on the facility and shot my ARs, than went back later in the day to work out the bugs in the .308.

I like seeing that.

Yeah, family shooting is great. Get the munchkins early. They are the future. Expose them to it and let them make up their own mind whether they like it or not. Then when they get to school, where it's socially unacceptable to own guns, they'll have a better idea of what's truth and what is not.

I REALLY need to shut up. I am WAY off topic.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, the guys over there tend to take things and run with them way too much.  I jokingly posted that I was leelaw's bitch as my introduction, and three or four guys told me that I shouldn't put up with that from any man.  It was a JOKE, he's never called me that in his life.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yeah, the guys over there tend to take things and run with them way too much.  I jokingly posted that I was leelaw's bitch as my introduction, and three or four guys told me that I shouldn't put up with that from any man.  It was a JOKE, he's never called me that in his life.

I call my husband my bitch all the time.  I thought it was a term of endearment...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to your face anyway

That's a really good point.  Hey...what DID he say about me before he got me a Team Membership?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I call my husband my bitch all the time.  I thought it was a term of endearment...

I call mine "Sweetcheeks".  He doesn't think it's as funny as I do, for some reason.

My wife sometimes puts a special term or endearment right before my name: "Dammit."

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top