User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 2:00:46 PM EDT
http://www.WAFF.com/Global/story.asp?s=2183352

exploding knitting needles....

Gwen in L.A.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hot linky...

That's just freaky.  I think I would have to give up knitting over that.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
see, see, I knew not being domesticated would come in handy!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL!  NO! NOT KNITTING!  Don't take that away from me!  I love to knit!  She must have been flying with those needles.  This might be a good reason to switch to the bamboo or rosewood needles but they're so expensive and those susan bates metal ones are really nice and smooth.....

Can't help it, I'm domestic
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Persephone, I also enjoy the 'domestic arts' ..sewing, gardening, cooking etc.  ( Plus archery, shooting and explosives!  lol )

FWIW, friend on a sewing mail list posted the URL.  I've been wondering about manufacturing error, QC flaw, how fast she was purling...

Argh. Already knitting needles are banned at the local courthouse for those of us waiting in the Jury Panel pool.     What next!?!

Gwen

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably something related to celulose (not cellulite, the fat, cellulose, as in a wood derivative)...

Similar things happened with faux-ivory pool balls early on, when the stuff started to degrade, the balls became 'impact sensitive'...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Argh. Already knitting needles are banned at the local courthouse for those of us waiting in the Jury Panel pool.     What next!?!

Gwen

Why are they banned?  A little unnerving for the defendant to see a lady on the jury knitting a noose?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I am left handed and can't find anyone to teach me to knit. The instruction manuals are all backward to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top