Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2019 3:06:08 PM EDT
So my wife she went out a few years ago and was taken advantage of at a gun dealer. They sold a female who is 5'2 120 lbs a full sized pistol.

Year later we sold it as she did not like the way it felt when she fired it. Since then she has fired my SIG P320 full size she did say it was a little big for her hand as I thought she would.

I was thinking of buying her a compact or carry model but with the Romeo sights on it. She does not get out and shoot as much as I would like her to but thought that the sight would make her more proficient with the weapon.

Read many articles from law enforcement about how the sight have improved shot placement and speed!

Like to hear what you ladies think!
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually would love to hear from the arfcom gun girls out there too, anyone??
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:58:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ruger556boy] [#2]
She wasn't taken advantage of.  New shooters should start off on full size, preferably g19 sized guns.  Little kids shot full size Glocks in uspsa so your wife should be able to handle it.

Edit to add.  A red dot for any beginner shooter is a good idea imo.  They can focus on other things like stance, trigger pull, grip etc rather than the sights.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:08:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tayous1] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ruger556boy:
She wasn't taken advantage of.  New shooters should start off on full size, preferably g19 sized guns.  Little kids shot full size Glocks in uspsa so your wife should be able to handle it.

Edit to add.  A red dot for any beginner shooter is a good idea imo.  They can focus on other things like stance, trigger pull, grip etc rather than the sights.
View Quote
Last I read Glock 19 is a compact not a full size even Glocks website calls the 19 a compact.

Edited to add: If you sell a female who has very small hands a full size pistol your taking advantage of her and her lack of knowledge. Especially since she was looking for a carry weapon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tayous1:

Last I read Glock 19 is a compact not a full size even Glocks website calls the 19 a compact.

Edited to add: If you sell a female who has very small hands a full size pistol your taking advantage of her and her lack of knowledge. Especially since she was looking for a carry weapon.
View Quote
You never said it was for concealed carry but whatever.  Still The g19 is a full size gun, in the line it's called a "compact".

Also unless she has freakishly small hands there really isn't an issue, my 4*10 ex-wife rocked the g19 and and really liked it.  She had small hands too.

She wasn't taken advantage of she lacked competence from a lack of confidence because she probably had no training.  If she had proper training she would actually be fine.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:15:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SusieQ] [#5]
I usually prefer less stuff hanging off my gun. I have a P320 Compact that I'm going to try Tru-Glo TFX pro sights on. I like the tritium/fiber optic combination. I find Sig iron sights (Siglite night sights and X-ray sights) hard to see in the half light on indoor ranges and inside the house during daylight.
Recently changed to the X-Compact grip, which I like more than the stock grip. (I also like my P365, P238 and P938, but it's easier for me to make more contact with the P320 grips.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top