Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2003 12:21:17 PM EDT
I would like to welcome you all to AR15.com. We are far and few between. But it's nice to have other ladies on the board to chat with. I know we all are different in one way or another. But we do have one thing in common. We all like to go shooting and own guns of our own. I know enough about guns to get in a conversation. But, I'm more of a Craft and Cooking kinda Girl. I do love to go to the Range with hubby and am looking forward to our next big get together with our friends. Anyway,just wanted to say hello and to welcome you all here!

Mona
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for the warm welcome! I joined mainly for the Survival forum since I'm one of the very rare breed of "urban preparedness enthusiasts" who thinks survival preparation is more than having a ten-year-old first-aid kit in the trunk of the car.

Part of that survival instinct is the determination not to be a victim, which was a difficult realization since I'd been a victim-in-training all my life, living in Los Angeles. Today I know better.

We live in interesting times, but there's no better time to be a woman in America than right now! Here's to us!  

~Sarah
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
far and few between..... But, I'm more of a Craft and Cooking kinda Girl

I know what you mean.  I get by the BBQ when we go shooting to make sure the men are doing it right or to see if I dare have any.  lol  I am an 'old school' cooker, even have a cook book that dates back into the 1920's.

What crafts do you do?  I'm into alot of different types of things.  A friend even gave me a bobbin lace kit.  Still haven't figured that one out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
far and few between..... But, I'm more of a Craft and Cooking kinda Girl

I know what you mean.  I get by the BBQ when we go shooting to make sure the men are doing it right or to see if I dare have any.  lol  I am an 'old school' cooker, even have a cook book that dates back into the 1920's.

What crafts do you do?  I'm into alot of different types of things.  A friend even gave me a bobbin lace kit.  Still haven't figured that one out.

Annarchy
Oh let me see, I make all my cards and envelopes to match,Wallpaper Envelopes (all sizes), handmade paper,candles, stretch glass bead bracelets or neckalaces , rubber stamp, cute tags,magnets, I may have forgotten something etc.... I also make my own Jerky. And have been promised a few Deer because the Guys we shoot with say that I make awesome Jerky. Even have a few of my own secret recipes for Jerky. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mona
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
..I make all my cards and envelopes to match,Wallpaper Envelopes (all sizes), handmade paper,candles, stretch glass bead bracelets or neckalaces , rubber stamp, cute tags,magnets,... I make awesome Jerky. Even have a few of my own secret recipes for Jerky. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's quite a list of things, and to think I thought I was bad at keeping myself busy.  I am curious about the wallpaper envelopes and hand made paper.

I quilt, crochet, embrodery, tat, draw, paint, and cook from scratch among other things.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the welcome mona--

i dont like a lot of kick, so i shoot hubbys 9mm and his new AR

im a lil crafty on occasion and have learned to cook through necessity (love my crockpot!!!) and i DO the grilling at our MODCC get togethers

i like tv and movies--will chat about almost anything  

anne
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thanks for the welcome mona--

i dont like a lot of kick, so i shoot hubbys 9mm and his new AR

im a lil crafty on occasion and have learned to cook through necessity (love my crockpot!!!) and i DO the grilling at our MODCC get togethers

i like tv and movies--will chat about almost anything  

anne

We need to fix that. You need to have your own AR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mona
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Mona

lol--feel free to give me one for christmas--i want a ruger bearcat revolver before i get an AR
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#8]
welcome one and all!  Haven't been here in a long while, wanted to check in.  Nice to see some new faces around here!  Hope we can get this women's forum up and rolling, it's great to meet women who shoot.  I just took two newbies to the range last night, set them off on my HK USP 9mm and a Ruger 10/22, they had a blast!  Doing my part, one woman at a time!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mona

lol--feel free to give me one for christmas--i want a ruger bearcat revolver before i get an AR

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,I wonder what the_beer_slayer would say if I bought you an AR. He'd where's my Christmas Present!

LOL

Mona
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
welcome ...  I just took two newbies to the range ...they had a blast!

At the last shoot there was a lady who had never shot any hand guns, so, after she had shot a glock, I let her shoot my favorite, SW 45 revolver w/hair trigger.  She actually liked it.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
welcome ...  I just took two newbies to the range ...they had a blast!

At the last shoot there was a lady who had never shot any hand guns, so, after she had shot a glock, I let her shoot my favorite, SW 45 revolver w/hair trigger.  She actually liked it.  

.45 ACP?  I am close to buying the Taurus for my wife.  Then if she likes it maybe upgrade later to the SW.

Link to recent "Manly dicussion of .45 ACP.
www.castle-hams.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=215740
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top