Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2017 10:49:06 AM EDT
Getting my girl into shooting. I can tell she's interested cause she always asking me questions and tagging along, but she's def intimated.

I was hoping to start her off with e G42 in 380, but I don't think it'll work. Over the weekend she put 2 rounds through a compact ar in 5.56, and she did fine, but she was super nervous and intimated.

Looking to get a decent 22 handgun for her to get comfortable with. If it were me I'd just get a conversion for a Sig 226 or so on, but she is 4'11, 105lbs after the buffet. So ladies, any ideas?
Cheap, simple, light weights, and not a ja-o-matic.

Thanks womenz.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV2245Lite/models.html
Shit, nevermind. I'm not a womenz.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV2245Lite/models.html
Shit, nevermind. I'm not a womenz.
View Quote
My wife bought this one in purple.

She also liked the S&W victory 22
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
KelTec PMR-30 in .22" WMR?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Walther P22, no doubt.  Light, good for small hands.  She will get the feel of handling a magazine and she can learn how to break it down so she isn't afraid of it.  

I have one, love mine.  Great for plinking and building confidence.  Make sure you walk her through how to disassemble and reassemble, and clean it so she makes it her own.

I hope she likes it.

Lorie
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Aren't the Walther P22 and the S&W M&P full size .22" LR pistols made by Umarex?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife glommed onto my old Smith and Wesson K-22 Model 17 and won't give it back. She says it's elegant-- it's small and light and balances well, fits her lightly-constructed skeleton well, and she gets hits with it. If she sees you spending a bit of money on her to get her a nice pistol, well, that couldn't be bad either--

I wouldn't feel so bad about it but she did the same thing with my Inglis Hi-Power with the stock cut--
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Getting my girl into shooting. I can tell she's interested cause she always asking me questions and tagging along, but she's def intimated.

I was hoping to start her off with e G42 in 380, but I don't think it'll work. Over the weekend she put 2 rounds through a compact ar in 5.56, and she did fine, but she was super nervous and intimated.

Looking to get a decent 22 handgun for her to get comfortable with. If it were me I'd just get a conversion for a Sig 226 or so on, but she is 4'11, 105lbs after the buffet. So ladies, any ideas?
Cheap, simple, light weights, and not a ja-o-matic.

Thanks womenz.
View Quote

Thought about a 22 long rifle for her? Try a Savage .22LR, That was by far my favorite and still is for some backyard shooting. My boyfriend and I went to a long range and he shot his ar while I shot the 22 right next to him. I got familiar with the blast of the 5.56 while I had some fun myself.

As far as handguns, the Ruger Mark IV is a 22 and lots of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife is 5'3 and 110 soaking wet with rocks in her pockets.  And very recoil sensitive.  She is the only person I know that has bruised after shooting a M1 carbine, and yes she held it correctly.

My wife has 3 22 hand guns she really likes.

Colt Woodsman
Ruger MkII
Beretta Neos.

If you look at these three you see they have one thing in common, small grip size, and a bit of metal....weight helps with recoil.

But really only she can say what she likes, find a place that rents, or friends that have this or that and let her have a go....it is really the only way she will know for sure.

Wife shot a fullsized S&W 357 with 38's and just loved it, big gun with weight and the 38 load....she has a little J frame that she just hates....same round different platform.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I started out with a Walther 22. 

My favorite gun is now a full size m&p 
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Beretta makes some fine .22s

- the 92 with a .22 conversion kit
- model 87 - like a smaller 92 but dedicated .22 probably the nicest .22 made, frame safety
- model 70s - all steel sao beautiful small pistol
- model 71 - aluminum frame can usually find with fake suppresor attached but easily removed
- 21a - tiny .22 and has the tip up barrel to load the chamber easily
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top