Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2014 7:02:17 PM EDT
My bestfriend is flying up to stand in for me in my wedding.  I am looking for an appropriate gift for her.  I really appreciate all she does for me.  She recently separated from her husband of 35 years so funds are tight (he's been a poop and with holding funds from her too).  She's into Nascar, sports and Starbucks.  I was thinking of giving her a $100 gift card from Starbucks which I know she'll enjoy but it just seems so impersonal.  Any ideas?  
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
custom or semi-custom knife
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Barbara:

Tickets to a sports game near her house?  Especially if money is tight since she's less likely to spend the money herself.
View Quote
man that's a great idea but honestly I just don't know.  She lives in a small rural town in So. Cal.  Her favorite team is the San Diego Chargers but I'm not sure I can afford pro football tickets.  

I don't see her using a knife......Now me?  Great wedding gift!  

Link Posted: 3/20/2014 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Wow, I didn't realize they were so pricey? How about another sport or a local team? Our local farm team baseball is a lot expensive and more fun.
View Quote

Yea, I love going to see the Walla Walla Sweets (not sure who they farm team too) play.  I'll check into it though, she would enjoy that.  Thank you for the idea.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe some sport apparel like pj's with the gift card.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By BeautifulStranger:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BeautifulStranger:

We've got a winner!    Thank you

Wow, I didn't realize they were so pricey? How about another sport or a
local team? Our local farm team baseball is a lot expensive and more
fun.

For giggles I looked them up and in the cheap seats (which they label family fun) they go $390 each.    Totally ridiculous.  I ran into this the year before, my honey's bf is a big cowboy's fan and the Cowboy's played Seattle in Seattle, we thought we would give him tickets to the game for his birthday, yea, we gave him $200 bucks and he stood out side for four hours haggling with a ticket shark.  He got in though.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I wanted to see a professional game at least once in my life but once I looked at how much it costs that was off the old bucket list.

I'm not a huge sports fan but sounds like the sports wear and PJ's sounds like a great idea!

Congrats on the wedding!! I've never been married so I'm a bit jealous!
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:42:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brandi] [#10]

, I wanted to see a professional game at least once in my life but once I looked at how much it costs that was off the old bucket list.

I'm not a huge sports fan but sounds like the sports wear and PJ's sounds like a great idea!

Congrats on the wedding!! I've never been married so I'm a bit jealous!

Yikes! double post..please delete.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top