Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2002 12:46:59 PM EDT
been doing some reflecting on what's important lately and got to thinkin' about this forum (not really related, but that stream of consciousness stuff).

then i started wondering about who visits this forum.  obviously, i check it for new posts/threads as my duties demand.  but for those who don't have a particularly obligation to come here, why do you?
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I check in for many of the reasons BeeKeeper does as well, Womenz smell better [:)]

But also, I have alot of femaly friends that I introduce to shooting, so I come here for persepective.

Thi is the first time I have ever posted though
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
at work it's a diversion.  the "bs sessions" are more interesting than listening to the guys at work talk about football.  i always learn something.  if not about ar systems then about my fellow man.  

the second beer must be kicking in...

i think i will order pizza.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#4]
oh, women's forum post. slap to the forehead...

because I find shooting and talking about AR rifles with women to be mutually nurturing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I come to try to pick up chicks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#6]
okay.  75 reads and only 5 responses.  somebody is not admitting he visits the womenz forum.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#7]
As I keep my browser tuned to [b]Active Topics[/b], I don't stray into the Womenz forum unless it's to read the topic posted. If it hadn't been for the comment you made above I wouldn't have responded.....[:)].

Take it your getting lonely over there all by yourself.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As I keep my browser tuned to [b]Active Topics[/b], I don't stray into the Womenz forum unless it's to read the topic posted. If it hadn't been for the comment you made above I wouldn't have responded.....[:)].
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing-- I usually only browse through the Active Topics too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#9]
nope not lonely.  just laughing at the number of people who pop in for a look but say nothing.  which there's nothing wrong with that.

i know damn good and well there aren't enough women on this board to warrant that many looks.  so it has to be the guys.  (which is cool).  they look but they don't play.  just funny.  that's all.

Link Posted: 9/25/2002 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i know damn good and well there aren't enough women on this board to warrant that many looks.  so it has to be the guys.  (which is cool).  [red]they look but they don't play.[/red]  just funny.  that's all.

View Quote

I definitely look, but am not allowed to play.  My wife's funny about stuff like that.  [:P]

Edit:  Hey, ARLady, did you see where I reposted the pic of you shooting at the BRC?  It's under the thread about "show us your chicks shooting."  I thought it well worth re-posting.  hehe
View Quote

nope, hadn't seen it.  been a little busy lately.  which reminds me, why is it that i have to apply for a marriage license and any ol' person can go have as many kids as she wants.  and why is it that i don't have to have a blood test, but i do have to get tested for rubella, which is something that everyone gets vaccinated for anyway.  i mean, i could have AIDS or something and they don't care. but by god they're sure worried about rubella.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Women: the older I get, the less I think I know about them.

Maybe I can learn something here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I read in the wimminz section mostly to learn how other guys are getting their chicky's to shoot. I've had mixed results taking a woman to the range with me. Some find it awesome, other's are terrified. Sometimes I learn a good tip or two to get them envolved. So far the best luck I've had is with a Ruger 10/22 vs some soda cans set out on saw horse. If I find that she's interested I go back to the trunk and pull out the AR15 and have some "real" fun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#14]
guys can look around in here ?

Why am i always the last one to find these things out.
If i only knew then what i know now[:)]

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:40:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Because I'm a lurker by nature until I feel comfortable with people.  I'm just psyched that there [b]is[/b] a women's board on this site.

I prefer shooting large bore pistol. But I gotta admit, it's pretty fun to blow through a lot of ammo reeeeealy fast in the KAR-15.

I shoot and smoke cigars.  Not many "wimmins" in those hobbies.  I look hard, and go where I do find 'em.  Thanks for such a cool place.

Now, please excuse me while I go smack DaBunny around for not telling me you all have active women shooters/posters here. [BD][:)]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:22:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I generally make a fast check of this section to see 'what's new'.

Gwen in L.A.
a womanz, but too old to be a chick :)
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Take it your getting lonely over there all by yourself.

Mike
View Quote

What Mr. Wilson said. Active topics is where I go - I rarely notice what forum until I click on something that catches my eye.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#19]
There's a Women's Shooter's section?

Good heavens.  Gotta brush up on my lines...I might get a date if:

1) I wasn't antisocial
2) I wasn't old
3) I wasn't a lot of things
4) I had some cool pick-up lines
5) I had some neat toys that chicks think are "cool"

So oh well.  Back to lurking.

Panz
[bounce]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Whats more interesting than a woman that likes AR15s??? [):)]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I dont come here much at all. In my view there are'nt many women shooters. Most are either fence sitters or anti's. The ones who do shoot or at least not afraid of a weapon are already taken automatically it seems. Its really too bad there is not more of them that could be met and interact with like with other hobbies such as hiking, camping, and common sports.

Perhaps i have shitty luck, but most women i talk to are either: Super religious, Druids, or into wierd Occult stuff like witchcraft. The Funny Down-to-earth ones always have boyfriends or have gotten married already. [:(] But enough of my whining.

questing lib
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 2:52:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:Perhaps i have shitty luck, but most women i talk to are either: Super religious, Druids, or into wierd Occult stuff like witchcraft. The Funny Down-to-earth ones always have boyfriends or have gotten married already. [:(] But enough of my whining.

questing lib
View Quote

My experiences with American women match yours. It may have a lot to do with why I've only been there 4 months in the past 3 1/2 years!

Amazingly, even in "anti-gun" countries (Europe may be an exception - I'm talking Southwest to East Asia here), women seem much more open to shooting. They don't grow up with the vile hatred and fear of guns. Even the otherwise extremely liberal and PC ones. The problem is there is nowhere to take them shooting usually.
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I am a lurker by nature also, but I have been on the phone with my sister who lives in southern Oregon and was navigating her through this web site.  So I came to sneek a peek, and get her to come and look also.
                 RL556 out.

"we need the ammo"
Link Posted: 10/18/2002 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#25]
The view count increased by me checking active topics.

Maybe I should visit the forum and advertise for a carpooler for a Ranch Rescue trip?

Just maybe, since my brain works as above, I will continue to remain solo.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 4:24:26 AM EDT
[#26]
I just stop by once in a while to make sure y'all are behaving.....[:D]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Long time lurker, first time poster.  Female shooter here and I am very happy to see this forum.  It's always nice to connect with other women shooters and to compare notes.  I'm a long time shotgun clays shooter, but have I have recently become very interested in carbine rifles.   Looking forward to sharing and receiving info from this board.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I look good with a
Bow and arrow
boomerang
sling shot and a wheel barrel?

teach your children well
don't turn your back
next generation
leaps abound

Will they listen
with ears wide open

interested in astounding
hard won facts

yes

they are the best

in fact

we all

are on the ball

PEACE [rail]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Haven't been on these boards for a while, but interested in women's involvement for several reasons.......
I teach firearms safety in Minnesota and our club also puts on a couple Intro to firearms for women classes each year. Its especially rewarding to see women get involved in something new and actually learn enough to "not feel threatened" by firearms.....several actually become members of our club!

Women make up slightly more than half the population. The more involved they become, the stronger the shooting sports become. The problem with the anti-gun "Soccer-Mom" types (I hate that moniker as anti-gun applies to uneducated males too!)is that they don't know enough to understand the sport and therefore assume that everything the Media hands them is the golden truth, when they should learn to think for themselves!!!

Women can defend themselves with firearms and should be encouraged to learn all they can about self-defense techniques to keep themselves safe.

Women enjoy shooting when they get involved. Just ask my wife (whom I will introduce to these boards ASAP) and my Daughter. They enjoy shooting almost as much as my son and I (OK, maybe it IS a bit of a "guy" thing.....)and shoot AR's, shotguns handguns and a couple submachineguns that we own......big smiles from all!!

Keep up the good work and keep spreading the word...Women Shoot!!!

john
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I visit here just to check out what's goin on. I haven't posted here before, simply because of some of the replies. It seemed as if the ladies were getting a little defensive because of the male input. I didn't post before out of respect.

OK, now I am past that part. I am glad there is a place here for women shooters. I wish there were alot more women shooters around. Maybe then I would be able to find one that would go with me to shoot, instead of getting upset about it!!!

DK [(:|)]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#32]
never know what you will find
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I HAVE ALSO BEEN A LOOKER AND HAVE NEVER POSTED.  I GREW UP WITH MY BROTHERS SO I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN INTO SHOOTING AND STUFF.  GOT INTO THE AR'S WHEN I GOT TOGETHER WITH MY HUSBAND (79TRANSAM).  HE BOUGHT ME MY FIRST AR LAST VALENTINE'S DAY.  IT FEELS GREAT TO SHOOT BECAUSE WHEN YOU ARE DONE YOU JUST FEEL TONS BETTER NO MATTER WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top