Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2012 6:06:19 PM EDT
If I'm not planning on haveing sex with a woman at this point, just wanting to get to know her and see if we click and I "ask her out" (see my other thread) to something like the gun show, coffee, lunch, ect, do women still call that a "date"?
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It entirely depends on your intent and how clear you make that to her.  If there is no romance or hint of romance involved, it will be perceived as friends.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It entirely depends on your intent and how clear you make that to her.  If there is no romance or hint of romance involved, it will be perceived as friends.

So it's not a date unless there is a sexact performed?
Where in Oregon are you?
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it's not a date unless there is a sexact performed?
Where in Oregon are you?

Romance to a woman does not necessarily mean sex.  Being romantic means sweeping her off of her feet...  For example, a nice dinner may be considered romantic.

To clarify what I meant, it should be considered a date if both parties understand the outing as a date.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.
Anything could be a date, so long as it is approached as a date in a way that is clear to both parties.

Just be clear and specific.  I've had outings that I consider dates that were no more than eating on a bench together.  I think of them that way because he was very clear that he was interested in me and was hopeful for a future relationship with me.  

There does not have to be sex to be a date.  Clear intentions and a similar mindset is what it takes to make a good first date.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top