Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2002 8:46:26 PM EDT
Hi to all. I have been away from the forums for sometime now. I am getting back into the shooting sport again. I would like to find out some information about the competitions around the north Texas area.

Any help with rules and guidelines would be very helpful.

Thank you[:\]
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Kel,

Look up any local ranges on the web, usually they have matches listed.  Go to the range on that day and start asking questions.  I had to do that when I moved to Atlanta and needed to find a place to shoot.  

IPSC - running gun, the higher capacity mags you have the better.

IDPA - concealed carry pistols, still fast and accurate like IPSC.

ICORE - running gun with a revolver.  Love those matches, can't explain why.  Matches are set up for 6 shot revolvers, but any revolver will work.  I use a 8 shot, I think Taurus makes a 9.  

SASS - Girl, you've got the boots!  Lots of rules about your weapons though, too many rules for me to remember right now.

Of course there's skeet, trap and skrap with shotguns, black powder matches, and highpower.  Lew is the highpower guru, but let me warn you, it takes ALL DAY, it's hot, and you have to carry a BUNCH of stuff.  Pistol is easier to start with.

If you have any questions give me a call.  
J
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top