Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2002 7:51:00 AM EDT
Well one day me and 2 girl "friends" of mine went out my dad's company to shoot some guns(12ga,ar15,hk.45) and my buddy here's about this before I leave to go pick the womens up.. "man! your crazy you gonna take some girls to go shooting with you.. if you ever go out with one of em don't break up with em or they'll come back and shoot you!" I laughed so hard.. I told him "it doesn't take a afternoon of shooting to teach someone how to pick up a gun,load it, point at head or chest, and shoot someone.. he sighed and said "nice knowing you" Anyways me and the 2 girls had a buncha fun shooting skeets and shooting the AR15.. the whooped me in the Ar15 but didn't really like the 12ga.. they loved the skeets but i'm gonna have to bring along a 410 or 20ga..

just a funny story out of the blue.. plus i'm bored at work and this story popped in my head and thought some of you women might get a kick out of it

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
i love hearing stories about women introduced to shooting sports.  i'd love to hear more.  heck, i'd love to tell more.  (need to get busy on that!)

the ar15 is a great first gun imho.  the .223 round is wimpy (relative to others) and the firearm itself is easy to shoot.  besides, if they don't have a problem with the "evil black rifle" look, you've crossed perhaps the biggest hurdle.

as for the 12ga, i think that's fairly normal.  i love shooting the clays but can only take so much before the 12ga starts wearing on the arm.  for fun, i think the 20 is better for most women.

how did they do with the .45?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]
you both should try the winchester AA reduced recoil and noise loads. my wife loves em as they barely even push back on 12 ga. i shot them myself on the skeet range and was pleasantly surprised at the recoil, or lack thereof.

wish i could post a picture of the box, but i dont know how. outside the box it even states about the reduced recoil and noise.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Well they got over the evil black rifle thing when I told em when they shot it to just pull the trigger as fast as they could.. well they did and everytime i heard a HELL YEA! from both of them hehehe...

My .45 is a HK Match .45 and it was a bit heavy in their hands so it was kinda jumping around on them.. plus i have a Hogue grip on my HK and small hands can't really grip it well.. Next time we go I'll take the HK Compact .40  might work a little better..

I'm almost immune to 12ga it seems.. when I shoot skeets I make it an all day thing.. I get about 3 boxes of skeets and about 150 shells and shoot every last shell.. if I do this on saturday my arm is aching like crazy on monday but it's not that bad i've probably put 3000 shells through my Benelli Nova
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#4]
These?
[IMG]http://www.winchester.com/bullet_images/box_tops/aasupersport-top.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.winchester.com/bullet_images/box_sides/aascl128-side.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.winchester.com/bullet_images/new_small_bullet_images/aascl12.jpg[/IMG]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top