Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2002 8:31:34 PM EDT
?
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
what women?

seriously, we're so few and far between on this site, that we don't get a lot of conversation.

it's a catch-22 kinda.  the women who do post here regularly have no problem jumping right in with the guys and feel scant need of a separate forum.

the kind of women that would need a separate forum don't post here with any regularity whatsoever.

[shrug]  what's a girl to do?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
?
View Quote

Catch that young chick Hannah Reitsch in the CHAT room sometime, she'll type your ear off.  

AR Lady -thanks for the signature photo.  I now will easily recognize you and your cow at the BRC....or is that a donkey??[:D]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, it's not safe to let folks know if you're a lady poster.  Getting swarmed by horn dogs is enough to make most gals not register.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Don,
I think the smart mind set of a female poster will go a long way.

Don't attract ogling by making a user name that advertises yourself as single, post a photo that is readily seen, or entice us horny guys with sexy escapades like "ya wanna see my puppies?" if you can't take some or a little crap.

If you have to ask why, to any of the statements above you need to educate yourself as to the nature of the beast.

btw-My board nic Nekkid80 stands for a non Moly coated (hence naked) long range specialty bullet, used in a AR15 rifle.

Doug.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
first, it's a HORSE you nimrod.  [:D]

Quoted:
Don,
I think the smart mind set of a female poster will go a long way.

Don't attract ogling by making a user name that advertises yourself as single, post a photo that is readily seen, or entice us horny guys with sexy escapades like "ya wanna see my puppies?" if you can't take some or a little crap.
View Quote

the irony in that statement is that the females who post here regularly and consider themselves "one of the guys" so to speak, don't do any of that.  so i put an identifier in my screen name.  so do 95% of the other members.  BFD.  i don't bring up my plumbing unless somebody else does first.  caveat:  unless my opinion will be drastically different because of my plumbing, and then i usually preface the post with something along the lines of "maybe i see it differently because i'm female" or something like that.  if you (to anybody in general) don't want my plumbing to be an issue, don't bring it up.

unfortunately, most gals can't last long enough around here to get through the first round of hormone-induced stupidity and arrogance.  it's males at their worst sometimes.

it's funny because i have always had this screen name (except for my recent spate of stupidity when i changed it and couldn't get it back) and i don't remember the same kind of crap when i first started posting.  of course, i didn't waste my first post advertising what was already obvious or bringing undue attention to it.  i just jumped right in....kinda like i've always done, come to think of it.  [:D]  didn't seem to cause too much problems then.  at least not that i can recall. (well, i just asked matt, and he said it happened.  go figure!)
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
This is off the subject, but it is refreshing to read posts from people that know the difference between seperate and separate, two,too and to, then and than,and don't use prolly.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it's piss poor that they put up a forum for "women shooters". All it does is contribute to the segregation that people are always spouting off about.

MAN or WoMAN, you either send rounds downrange or you don't...period.

Don't feel sorry for the girls gents. Those tits give them incredible support in the offhand.

Semper-Fi Do or Die, 03 out!!  [sniper]

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

This has worked for me.  Lots of people are going to be surprised at the BRC to find out I am a woman.  [:D]

No, you can't see my puppies.
View Quote

i'm speechless!
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think it's piss poor that they put up a forum for "women shooters". All it does is contribute to the segregation that people are always spouting off about.

MAN or WoMAN, you either send rounds downrange or you don't...period.

Don't feel sorry for the girls gents. Those tits give them incredible support in the offhand.

Semper-Fi Do or Die, 03 out!!  [sniper]

View Quote

well, as DonR pointed out, if you [i]guys[/i] would behave civilly, the meeker gals wouldn't feel a need to have their own place to talk firearms.  [:D]

seriously, i don't think it's "piss poor", but i don't know that it really does any good.  course, i guess we'd have to get some womenz around here to actually test it, wouldn't we?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This has worked for me.  Lots of people are going to be surprised at the BRC to find out I am a woman.  [:D]

No, you can't see my puppies.
View Quote

Ohh I can't wait to meet you Ms. Beekeeper are you sexy lookin'?

I really like sexy lookin' chicks........

It REALLY turns me on when you tell me your wife[;)] will not be attending.  You know how us guys like the two girls thingy.

I hope to see you there honey, sugar, muffin, lovey, sweet heart, dear.

btw- If you are not sexy lookin' I will pretend not to know you.      
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top