Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2001 1:56:38 PM EDT
Just took my youngest son to see "Behing Enemy Line." Does anyone know if there is any truth to the story beind the movie? I know they "Hollywoodized" several scenes but did such an event really take place? TIA
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you think our CYA commanders would have let the navigator rot?

Personaly I think no matter what the cost, they would have gotten the boy out of there as soon as they had a confirmed posistion.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#3]
BTW, there was an American pilot shot down in the Balkans, he spent a couple days on the run eating bugs and drinking rainwater before he was extracted.

My favorite part of the movie was the Bosnian Elvis.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#4]
They are trying to capitalize on the story of CPT Scott O'Grady, who's F16 was shot down in the Balkans while on patrol (CIA didn't tell AF that SAMS were moved into the area).  He survived on the ground for six days until the Marines mounted a rescue and pulled him out.  O'Grady wrote the book "Behind Enemy Lines", which is his story, not the screenplay for the movie.

This case, as in many others, proves that REAL history can be more interesting that the Hollywood stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top