Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 12:07:58 PM EDT
My brother purchased a 1955 Ford F-100 from a guy in Kansas City this past summer. Well yesterday I was trying to locate the carb part number I happened to look over at the firewall and noticed a placard. So I wiped my hand over the placard and started to read it. It reminded me of the ones you see on military vehicles. Then at the bottom of the placard it read "U.S. PROPERTY". I  couldn't believe it because my brother had no clue. We both served in the Air Force so we want to know about the trucks history. He plans on now restoring it to the original military condition. We have looked on the web and can't seem to locate any pictures or info about that truck. We have all the contract numbers and manufacture numbers and such. So can anyone possibly help us out.

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember seeing alot of those old Ford trucks in photos from SAC bases from the 50's and 60's.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
SAC bases really? well do you by chance have any pics you could post or something?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Only thing I could find, still looking........

ETA:

I believe from the url, this is one of my Dads old bases...cool!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

We have all the contract numbers and manufacture numbers and such. So can anyone possibly help us out.

Try googling those numbers, I often find stuff based on NSN numbers. Its a shot.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried goolging the numbers but it hasn't brought up anything that caught my eye. the numbers I have are:    

Manufacturer's Serial number( old VIN) F10D5K27789.  We figured that one out.
Contract Number: DA-20-113-ORD-19548. no luck with that one.
Ordnance Stock Number: G2764-8358974. no luck with that one.

If anyone knows someone that could help please let me know.

thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top