Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2001 11:56:28 PM EDT
Greetings form Sydney, Australia.

Recently an old woman walked into our Army Unit HQ, and presented us with a standard Model 98K bayonet of WWII origin. She had been recently widowed, and her husband had brought the bayonet back from North Africa(Tobruk etc).

No one wanted it so I adopted the bayonet, and took it home. It is unique, as it has the German regimental markings on the quillon (cross piece) or whatever you wanna call it.

I am wishing to identify the German Unit, and to find out what part of North Africa they were at during the War. Australia really did not fight the Germans after the North African campaign, as the Japs were knocking at our door, and we had to return to Australia for this reason.

So there was really no Aussie input in the European Theatre of the war. Here is the German regiment's markings "3(or B)RR.405" Can anyone help me out, or direct me to someone who can.

Email me at [email protected]. Thanks Lads. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top