Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 6:13:48 AM EDT
I have been reading about a “Reconquista” theory, which basically is Mexicans will  legally and illegally populate the entire southwestern region of the United States.  Once they reach a secure majority of the voting population they will vote to rejoin or become part of Mexico.

I doubt the rest of the United States would go along with this type of “Secession”.  Consider a comparison to the US Civil War, the Union must be preserved..  The North forced it’s view upon the South despite a clear majority of the people living there being opposed.  In that case the majority had lived there for several generations as may be the case (or not) with the US  Southwest.  It’s more likely the bulk Mexican ancestor population by the time it reaches a clear voting majority may only be 1 to 3 US generations old.  While the minority within those states may be up to 14 US generations old .  

There are a lot of very important military facilities within the region that if lost,  would effect the country’s ability to defend itself from attack within.   More so if any attack was backed by other governments, i.e.
Mexico supported by China.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not loosing any sleep over any "Reconquista" theories. It won,t be allowed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll bet many thought prayer would never be banned in schools either.

Yugoslavia didn't allow Kosovo to secede either.

Look what happened there, albeit over several centuries.  The Reconquista movement seeks to compress that timeline.

Where is Henry Turtledove when I need him?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Didn't work in 1861, but with all the liberal BS today. Who knows? Now if we could just get them to take Washington too!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You have to be a citizen to vote and the vast majority of these people are here for the $$$ once they get enough back home they can retire early because of the huge difference in cost of living.  The majority of them go back to mexico in the winter around here in GA.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Look at Hispanic proportions of the census population in various states.  Looking at polling data over the last few elections you may find a dramtic upturn in Hispanic voters as there should be, especially in Caiif.

Just ask Bob Dornan, ex ultraconservative Calif US Congressman & gun rights supporter.  He was turned out of office by the hispanic (legally registered & ILLEGALS voting...so he claims)

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#6]
they come here for jobs and better opportunities because thier country is in terminal recession. then, they want to change the country where they can get a decent shot at some type of life above that of a dog, back to the country that they risked their life to leave?  its just too illogical.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Remember we are a Republic NOT a Democracy like Liberals would like to redefine us as.

Alexander Hamilton said: "We are a Republican Government. Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of
Democracy."

Samuel Adams warned: "Remember, Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself! There never was a democracy that 'did not commit suicide."

James Madison wrote:"... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with
personal security, or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top