Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 8:38:15 AM EDT
Click here to hear The Rifleman theme.

This one mixes fact (the rifle) with fiction (a TV series).

Chuck Connors played Lucas McCain

What rifle or rifles were used by Chuck Connors, playing Lucas McCain the the legendary TV series, "The Rifleman."
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Jeeez guys!  This is a Gun Board!  Chuck Connors used two modified Winchester 92s and a Spanish clone of that rifle, an El Tigre - also modified.  A round lever was added, so Lucas McCain could spin the rifle.  Some have mistaken it for a modified Winchester 73, "The Rifle which Won The West."  It is said that Connors, a professional athlete could fire 11 shots in 2.5 seconds.  Actually, the rifle had a 10 round magazine, but the TV producers added an eleventh round to the introductory music.

So, I guess I stumped the history guys of this Gun Board? ;)

Well, credit should be given to those who voted the Winchester 92 on the survey.  Good job, guys!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I know it's old, but only one person got the correct answer (two of the above)!  I think the El Tigre clone fooled some, but still about half the others figured it was a Winchester 73, "The Rifle that Won The West."  Not a bad guess, though!

I still enjoy the series.  Thank heavens for cable!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
LMAO!!!!

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top