Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 4:32:55 PM EDT
Just picked up his new book "Underworld."  Interesting subject Ice age, Pre-history of India etc.  Interesting thoughts on the origin of the Aryans.  Have not finished it yet, but looks good so far.

John
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep telling myself to read some other history besides world war 2. For a brief period I read a few books on pirates.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#2]
"Fingerprints of the Gods"

About UFO/Aliens

ED
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never read mention of UFOs or Aliens in his books.  I guess the common thread in most of his research is that the human race and civilization are much older than is commonly thought.  This book deals with old archeological sites located underwater in areas that would have been above sea level before and during the melt off of the last ice age.  Interesting stuff.

Also, a good book on the outside of the mainstream is Forbidden Archeology.  It is kind of a dry read due to the copious amounts of research and data. It does present numerous inconsistencies in the human record and current thought regarding civilization.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have never read mention of UFOs or Aliens in his books.   Interesting stuff.

Also, a good book on the outside of the mainstream is Forbidden Archeology.  It is kind of a dry read due to the copious amounts of research and data. It does present numerous inconsistencies in the human record and current thought regarding civilization.
View Quote

You are correct about the UFO/Alien reference. Got him mixed up with Stitchen and Von Danieken.

Also I am about 2/3 of the way through Forbidden Arch. Yes it is a little dry/hard to read for someone that is not of that field. But I pick it up and try to read a chapter at least once a month.
Also I believe there is a paperback of it that is shorter. I used to work p/t at BN so I have quite a diverse collection of books.

Again sorry for the wrong info on GH. Have a lot more of his/other books around. But just packed away 10 boxes, some that I haven't read yet.

ED
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea, Forbidden Arch. is a great book but kinda hard to wade through.  Interesting how the academics pick and choose which carbon dating they will accept and discount other data due to carbon dating's unreliability.

Like you said Very Dry though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW: Did BBCA take Blackadder off? It was one of the wife's and my favorite shows.

ED
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I havn't seen it in awhile.  Me and the wife have watched quite a few.  We caught a marathon of BA on BBC one day (rainy day).  Figured it was an appropriate handle for a bushmaster owner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top