Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 7:56:42 AM EDT
I remember reading several yeas ago in Military History or WWII Magazine that there was apparently a Nuclear weapon in the hands of the Japanese at the very end of the war.

All I remember was that the article stated that they were spending something like 60% of the GNP on development of the weapon, and were scowering China for the resources to build this weapon.

The article indicated that there was possible evidence of it being detonated by the U.S. afer the war in the Sea of Japan.

Has anyone else heared anything about this. The China-India-Burma theater is not my area of expertese in this war.

I know of the aborted German attempt to get info and tech parts to them, could this have been posible; or a bad article written on bad info?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#1]
This is the first I've heard of it.  There isn't anything in my books at home.  This deserves more digging...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]
That is the only mention of it I have ever heard.

I wish I had kept the magazines, but it would have been in 92-94 when it was printed.It was only a 1 page article.  I would have thought something like that would get more space.???
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
can't vouch for the source:

[url]http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/japan/nuke/[/url]

pretty interesting, something I never read about.

also I saw several references to this book:
Japan's Secret War: Japan's Race Against Time to Build Its Own Atomic Bomb
by Robert K. Wilcox
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top