Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 1:18:13 PM EDT
Los Chaguanosos  and the California Native Cavalry?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't want to cheat...so what are they? [>:/]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I never heard of either; what's up?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
That would require going down and opening those dusty old bundles of paper formerly known as books.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
What is this "book" you speak of, mysterious stranger?

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I come to this forum for answers.  Where are they?

I could watch a movie.  After all, the answer to all of life's questions can be found in the movies.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I could watch a movie.  After all, the answer to all of life's questions can be found in the movies.
View Quote

That's true; I learned how to handle the situation when a man points a cocked .45 SAA at me across a desk from a movie. [;)]
I don't think that Los Chaguanosos and the California Native Cavalry were in that one, though.

OK, I cheaed.  I found that Los Chaguanosos were what came to be called Comancheros, renegades and footloose Indians.
the California Native Cavalry were a Civil War unit composed of California Native Americans.

Tell us about them, PaDanby!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

That's the Bio-Optic Organized Knowledge device.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#8]
The Chaguanosos were groups of organized raiders, composed of New Mexicans, Canadians, Americans, and assorted others that were the major users of the Spanish Trail.  They came from the Rio Grande Valley and Mississippi Valley to California and stole horses in the range of hundreds to thousands at a time from the Missions and Ranchos and returned to NM area and sold them.  This was in the 1820s to 1830s.

CA Native Cav and Inf were units formed by Pio Pico and associates from California "Natives" to serve in the Civil War.  At the time "natives" were Spanish and Mexican heritage.  Was a way to try and maintain some political influence for the Rancho families.  Primarily fought indians in Northern CA during the Civil War.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the Bio-Optic Organized Knowledge device.  
View Quote

So are they plug-ins or do they take batteries?  And if so, what kind?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top