Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2010 11:24:15 AM EDT
Anyone here have any insight into rare ERDL camo patterns? I recently acquired this jacket - it's cotton ripstop poplin but has no markings - no white tag or evidence of patches/nametapes. The material, buttons, and stitching are GI - no question that it's original equipment. Lower pockets are located where modern BDU's have pockets on maternity tops - but I highly doubt there were any pregnant MACV-SOG soldiers or Marines . Sleeves are open at the end with no buttons to adjust the cuff.  Someone suggested this could have been made in country and that the ERDL fabric came on 60" rolls.If so, they did one heck of a job. Wondering if any vets or history buffs may have run into something like this before. I haven't been able to find anything close to it online. Thanks in advance for any insight.  Posting in the history forum because GD is too vague and I can't think of a better forum.

Cut almost identical to this shirt I found online....

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There was so much custom tailored camo stuff made in Da Nang and Saigon that it's hard to say.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are both ARVN, Not US.  If there are amy markings at all they will be ink stamps, not sewn in tags.
Sarge
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top