Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2002 2:34:20 PM EDT
I plan to buy a a colt 9mm upper to mate my BM lower. The most common mags are modified 20-rnd UZI mags. Are they legal to use in NJ?

thanks

vince
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I think your limited to 15rnds
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:41:08 AM EDT
[#2]
so you need to get a mag less than 15 rnd or modify one to comply the NJ law. Is that right?
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:36:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Fifteen is it for NJ.  Used to be, you could temporarily block a mag.  Now it's got to be permanent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]
hi nj law enforcement officer here 15 is the legal amount you can have and i still understand it can be blocked  as to whats permament and wats not  thats not spelled out in the statute.  just dont get cAught with them with the block removed.. we do have leo's here in this state (alot)  who know nothing about firerams!!!    its amazing.  i just stopped a guy the other day for speeding and the 1st thing out of his mouth was he wa on his way to the range and did i want to look in his trunk!!!   i did just so i could finger what he had and check it out.   i told him in the future dotn give that info up   just make sure everything shoting related s out of sight and know one needs to know whats in his trunk!!  he had ar mags dont kinow if they were blocked and really couldnt care.  but another cop may have stuck it to him sideways   be careful!!!  never admit to ANYTHING and MAKE NO COMMENTS WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY  AND I MEAN NOTHING!!!!  notthing is off the record no matter what the guys sayS!!!!    take care guys  if anyone has any nj questions im pretty knowledgeable and get evan nappens book its great for nj gun owners    jim
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
jhwoody4
If anyone ever calls you a JBT send me an e-mail and i'll have a little jersey talk with him.
Thanks jhwoody4 ,Good to know there are still good guys wearing the blue.
I'm in oceantownship and I shoot at shoreshot if you shoot there i'd be glad to buy you a coke and throw some lead down range with you.
John
And I know Evan and he does a great job and gets it done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top