Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2009 9:11:11 PM EDT
So I have a restricted driver’s license here in TN - 6 more months till I get my regular license back.  I have a carry permit also.  Can I still have the gun in my car?  I can only drive "to work" or to the addresses I gave the DMV.  The DMV doesn’t have any idea about carry laws – at least the people I talked to.  I have the restricted license for implied consent due to a wreckless driving ticket.  I am not on probation.  Thanks for any help.  I don’t want to be driving around with a gun in my truck if I shouldn’t.  Also, if for some reason the police officer doesn’t think I am driving to and from work, I don’t know if having a gun in the car would be a big no no.,  Thanks for any help :)
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Call your local agency.

Reckless driving and implied consent? Sound more like a refusal for a DUI test.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it was a refusal - but court is over ect...basically I just have a restricted license for 6 more months.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
you will want to check with the local agency that issued the permit and ensure that it is stilll valid. A convinction like the one you recieved may have put on suspension/revocation. If the permit to carry is still valid I can see no reason you couldn't carry in your vehicle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top