Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2002 7:27:57 PM EDT
I know with a post-ban you can only have 2 of
the 5 evils, but my ? is, can you have a post-
ban with a threaded barrel end to make the
change from differnt types of muzzle brakes
or nothing at all, I'm talking about getting
a pre-ban 16" upper and removing the bayonet
lug and then I would have only 2 of the 5 evils.
I don't want to be committed to one type of
muzzle brake since sometimes I shoot at a in-
door range (in the winter) and a outdoor range
in the summer, don't want to piss off the other
shooters in the winter with a LOUD muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The 2 evils I'm refering to is the pistol grip,
and the detachable mag.

On the other hand,
on a post-ban with a 16" barrel can the muzzle
brake be made so I can remove it for the winter
time ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't one of the qualifying factors of a threaded postban have to be that the current muzzle brake is welded on so that it is permanent?  That kinda makes your indoor issue a bit of a problem.  Maybe you should look into getting a sleeve made for the brake so that you could "turn it off" by covering the ports.  Just an idea that would solve your problems.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#5]
minman:  No - on a 16" or longer post-ban, the device only has to be permanent if the barrel underneath is threaded for a flash suppressor.  If the barrel is not threaded, or not threaded with a thread which will accept a flash suppressor, the muzzle device does not have to be permanently attached - unless the muzzle device is also being used to bring the barrel up to 16" or longer to avoid regulation and tax as an SBR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top