Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2002 2:20:55 PM EDT
and the NRA endores Bill Jones for Gov.

Simon is closer to beating riordan (who is the front runner), and Jones doesnt have the cash to continue the campaign.

unfortunately conservative vote splitting could make riordan the winner, but riordan might be the only guy to un-seat gay davis.

pretty screwy situation we are in here in the PRK
my vote will go for Simon.

i think the NRA/CRPA have seriously dropped the ball on this one, Especially the CRPA for not getting involved the primary elections.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi Saiga12.

I agree with you that conservative vote splitting pretty much assure Riordan will win the Republican primary.

I could live with Jones or Simon.  They're both good guys and on our side.  But our problems are really in the legislature, and based on what I've read both Jones and Simon have a "flaw" that make them unelectable - They're both a little too "pro-life" to get elected governor.  Simon would be tarred as anti-woman and anti-gay, and Jones is kind of dull (personality-wise).

However you or I feel about any of that doesn't matter.  My vote will be symbolic, like when I voted for GWB for president.  The last governor we had who publicly stated he opposed abortion was Pete Wilson, who managed to convince people that was his personal conviction and that it would not affect how he ran the state.

Riordan would be no better than Davis in terms of RKBA.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
No, Riordan cannot beat Davis. It's just that the liberal CA media wants you to believe this in order for him to win the Republican primary. You have to consider two separate polling data. One is the obvious which is "who would you vote for". The other is not obvious which is "if Riordan is running, would you go to the polls and vote". The second poll shows that Riordan cannot bring out enough Republican voters to the polls and vote (wonder why?... liberal Davis versus liberal Riordan). This is Riordan's biggest problem... too many Republican's will stay home and not vote if it comes down to Davis versus Riordan. Thus, the Davis camp prefers Riordan.

I agree with your statements about the NRA and the CRPA dropping the ball on this one. Bush did too! I'm beginning to wonder about Bush's beliefs in the 2nd amendment. If it wasn't for Ashcroft, this administration could be pathetic, IMO.

Simon will most likely get my vote unless some serious revelations come out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#3]
At this point Jones should toss in the towel and back Simon. As for the Pro-Life issue, Simon is pro-life and this so far will be a major problem in getting elected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top