Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2002 5:06:05 PM EDT
I just graduated college and am starting the job search. I refuse to relocate to an anti state. Any good sites listing state gun laws
I know packing.org is good for ccw
and findlaw.com is good for some states, but for other states you can't find anything through them
I've already ruled out California, Maryland, and New Jersey, and the only reason I'd be willing to stay in NY for any length of time is because high cpas are still legal and I managed to get CCW by living in a conservative county.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
As My erudite alter ego posted on another board:

[url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/statelaws/ [/url]

[8D]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.nra-ila.com/GunLaws.asp?FormMode=state[/url] is a good resource, and is usually quite up to date.

Keep in mind this link, (and the others posted above) are by no means complete in what hey list.  The best way to find the applicable laws of a state you're interested in moving to is to go to that state's website.

They all have sites at www.state..us.  Tennessee, for example, is [url]www.state.tn.us[/url], while California is [url]www.state.ca.us[/url].

More and more states, realizing what a hash our national weapons laws are, are putting up specific sections on weapons ownership, and can be found by using the search function on the site (handgun, or firearm works best as a search term.)

(edited to fix broken URL tag.  I wish this site had preview.)
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out www.packing.org

Hands down it is the best place to get information on CCW and the like.

mark
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad I'm in an "F" state
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top