Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2002 2:26:33 PM EDT
Browsing through a few gun magazines, I see a few things advertised that make me ask How is this stuff legal? There are those Flash Distributing ads that claim to have a product that lets you shoot full-auto with no "red tape" for $35, among other things. Then there are all the companies selling apparantly new magazines for pistols and rifles with >10 capacity for <$20. What's going on here?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The "shoot full auto" is probably one of those "Gat Trigger systems" or something with a crank....total waste of time and money.  They advertise them as "shoot full auto" all the time.

The new high cap mags...depends on the firearm it is for.  Heck, I was purchasing "New in Package" 15 round 9mm Ruger mags last year for $15-$20 each.

medcop
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
that full auto is just BS. its stuff like the AS IV, gat trigger, and hellfire. just worthless
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The company that advertises this full-auto stuff makes all sorts of claims, like no background check, free concealed weapons permit. They claim to be selling "reel guns", including desert eagle, M92, glock 17, AK47, Czech 9, UZI, M16, MP5 and others, for <$100. It also says .25 cal. Perhaps they are not firearms, but some kind of airguns? I always wondered what was going on there.

I heard of that hellfire stuff too. They say that while it techincally works, it is even harder to shoot accurately then real full-auto, so it's pretty worthless for defense, but might give you a little fun on the range.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They claim to be selling "reel guns", including desert eagle, M92, glock 17, AK47, Czech 9, UZI, M16, MP5 and others, for <$100. It also says .25 cal. Perhaps they are not firearms, but some kind of airguns? I always wondered what was going on there.
View Quote

"Reel" guns, as in "reel of film."  Blank firing movie guns that cannot fire live ammo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
As for the 'reel' gun thing Zak hit right on the head . Now in the case of magzines , the story goes loke this . When the current NFA was passed in congress there was a time period on several months before it took affect . And american business being what it is several companies that produced magazines for firearms put their factories on overdrive to produce them BEFORE the ban went into effect and they warehoused them , so for awhile they let them trickled out at a premium prices to resellers but I'm sure you noticed the proces slowly creeping down in anticipation of the bans sunset in 2004 .
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As for the 'reel' gun thing Zak hit right on the head . Now in the case of magzines , the story goes loke this . When the current NFA was passed in congress there was a time period on several months before it took affect . And american business being what it is several companies that produced magazines for firearms put their factories on overdrive to produce them BEFORE the ban went into effect and they warehoused them , so for awhile they let them trickled out at a premium prices to resellers but I'm sure you noticed the proces slowly creeping down in anticipation of the bans sunset in 2004 .
View Quote

If the ban doesn't sunset, those mags will be worth something again.  The trigger systems aren't worth the hassle and loss of money to a piece of garbage.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
"reel guns" are air soft guns.  They're like pellet guns where it fires a 2 gram .25 caliber plastic BB.  They are made to look and function like real guns they're modeled after.  They came about in Japan, where they use them to play paintball.  some of them have electric motors like RC cars, and others are CO2.

The neat thing is, they function like real guns, like magazines hold BB's and the Co2.  They have all kinds of accessories and even silencers.

www.redwolfairsoft.com

check these guys out.  I've played with a full auto G18 and it kicked ass!  Shot through both sides of a cardboard box at 8'

-Sam
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks on the "reel" guns. Now that I think about it, here's another one that seems a little odd:

Every now and then, I see ads for those blank-firing guns that are supposed to be just like the real thing, except for a plugged (semi-plugged?) barrel. Supposedly, you can recieve and posess them without the usual red tape of having a real gun. Only thing is, couldn't you just replace the barrel with a real one and have a real gun? Or do they somehow modify the frame so that a real barrel cannot be installed?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 12:31:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks on the "reel" guns. Now that I think about it, here's another one that seems a little odd:

Every now and then, I see ads for those blank-firing guns that are supposed to be just like the real thing, except for a plugged (semi-plugged?) barrel. Supposedly, you can recieve and posess them without the usual red tape of having a real gun. Only thing is, couldn't you just replace the barrel with a real one and have a real gun? Or do they somehow modify the frame so that a real barrel cannot be installed?
View Quote

No they are trash you could not ever make them work, They are not real guns with plugged barrels,.

In the case of the "reel guns" that you see advertized in every gun mazazine, the ones out of Montrose Colorado, Those are just crappy plastic toy guns, and they dont look like the
ones in the pictures, you could not even call them airsoft, because they are not the same at all.

Oops this post was REALLY old! oh well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top