Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2009 3:12:34 PM EDT
So I was looking into buying a gun I've narrowed down my choices to an AR-15 or a SL8-6 but I've noticed pretty much all the prices on guns have gone up since the new presidential administration has taken office.

So I'm not sure if I should wait until prices go down or should I try to get my hands on one know because who knows when the new presidential administration will wip out a new AWB or some extreme restrictive gun law that bans the use of Assault rifles?

Also I haven't heard much since Feb of this year about a new AWB does that mean the threat of a ban has gone away or there just waiting until they get some free time on there hands to start one?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
AIM Surplus has AR-15 rifles around $650 and AK-47 WASRs for $379.

Buy one, or both if you can afford it.  Don't sit around trying to "time" the market.  Look for TODAY's good deal.  Don't worry about the past, its gone and done and the price info isn't relevant... only future expectations are what matters.

If I had to choose one over the other I'd go with an AK..... cheaper gun, cheaper ammo.

ETA:  OP, you need to educate yourself on what an "Assault Rifle" truly is.  AR15s are NOT "assault rifles" unless they have a registered auto sear.  Select fire capability is a requisite condition for calling it an assault rifle.  1st post, join date..... I'm watchin you, boy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top