Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 7:27:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#1]
CYOA.
But I heard that a few counties don't CCW for citizens, so it might be the ticket and have it covered from the PI angle.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 3:33:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you've already met the requirement, but you are right, might as well jump through that hoop one more time.

So far as the CCW, if it's issued, it's good in Virginia, regardless of what county/city you are in or what that county/city's own policy is on handing them out to their own citizens.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Idle thought – maybe PI’s can carry in places not covered by a CCW, say state and local parks, restaurants that serve alcohol, or such.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 3:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]

I've not seen any such references in the Code and I peruse the carry/conceal sections of the Code often.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Another idle thought:  

If DCJS catches a PI carrying without completing the required training, can they cancel the PI license or take other disciplinary action?

While they probably wouldn’t know about this under normal circumstances, they conceivably could find out about it if VA-Gunnut blasts somebody while on the job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top