Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2002 5:09:57 PM EDT
I have a post-ban lower and I am looking at a 7.62X39 upper (thiught I might do some hunting) and it is post-ban.  Can I have a 30rd mag orwould that be wrong.  This is my first post-ban and I am not sure.  I have always bought Pre-ban so I would not have to worry about it.  But I am new at the AR15 world and don't want to be the bitch at he county clink.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as federal law is concerned, using a 30rd mag in a post ban gun is fine.  If you are planning on using it for hunting, however, you should check your state law - there may be some state prohibitition on using anything over 3 or 5 rds for hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top