Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 3:54:45 AM EDT
I have an opportunity to buy a pre ban DPMS lower reciever ( complete with A2 stock and all internals) I called DPMS to check the serial number and was told it left their facility 8/2/94 as a stripped lower. As this lower has no pre ban upper with it, is it technically a post ban now, or does it keep its pre ban status? Or should I not worry about it and go ahead buy it and put the pre ban upper I have on it. I don't want to pay 600.00 for a pre ban lower if it has lost its status as a pre ban. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#1]
It needed to be in a preban configuration before the 94 ban. If it had a collapsing stock and assembled that would have done it. An A2 stock would not qualify. Might pass on this one since DPMS is not gonna back up the configuration of the gun.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top