Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2009 10:41:51 AM EDT
Hi , I am from Puerto Rico (I have US Citizen) and this week I am going to go to house of my uncle in Florida , my question is I must be the proprietor of my own house to can buy my own rifle? or I can buy a rifle when I'm living in the house of my uncle and he is the owner of the house , I have 19 years old and I don't have any felony or mental problems I am very capable person . my another question is I must live certain time in US to be able to buy a rifle ? or I can buy the rifle to the moment I arrive to the house of my uncle in Florida ?

sorry my english

thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2009 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi , I am from Puerto Rico (I have US Citizen) and this week I am going to go to house of my uncle in Florida , my question is I must be the proprietor of my own house to can buy my own rifle? or I can buy a rifle when I'm living in the house of my uncle and he is the owner of the house , I have 19 years old and I don't have any felony or mental problems I am very capable person . my another question is I must live certain time in US to be able to buy a rifle ? or I can buy the rifle to the moment I arrive to the house of my uncle in Florida ?

sorry my english

thanks

OK voy a tratar a contestarte en español...

No hay que tener tu propia casa, yo sé, pero no sé si hay que vivir en florida para comprar una arma.  En Ohio, hay que vivir aquí o en un estado que toca (Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, o West Virginia).  La ley de Florida no dice si hay un requisito de residencia.

Si nadie puede contestarte, puedes tratar a comprar el fúsil.  En el peor de los casos, el vendedor te dirá que no puedes.

Ojalá que ayude.

Lo siento para mi español––¡hace algún tiempo que lo practiqué!
Link Posted: 8/19/2009 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks you can answer me in english I am better reading english but not good writing it

in case I must to live in florida , how time I must to be live in there (residence requirement) and I need electric and water bills to buy a rifle in a FFL dealer in florida ?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2009 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone can help me ??

you can write to me in English
Link Posted: 8/20/2009 8:00:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

sorry my english

thanks

You can't buy a rifle in Florida.... to purchase a firearm in Florida you must be a Florida Resident (ie Live in Florida and have a Florida ID/DL). You can purchase it, have it shipped to a FFL (Federally Licensed Firearm Dealer) in Puerto Rico, and go through whatever you need to do in Puerto Rico.

You're a American Citizen period. Moving from Puerto Rico to the mainland and vice versa isn't a issue. It's like moving from Florida to Montana. It's all good. It's like me moving from Miami, Florida to Puerto Rico. But Puerto Rico has it's own firearm laws. Also to purchase a firearm outside of your state/territory of residence you must have it shipped from one dealer to another in your state/territory of residence.

So you can walk into a gun shop here, buy something, have it shipped to a gun shop in Puerto Rico, fill out the BATFE 4473 Background Form, have the background done, and what ever your local laws mandate.

Florida is simple. We simply fill out the 4473, background performed on the spot, if we have a concealed carry permit we're out the door the same day, if not we have a three-five day waiting period depending on the County.

Puerto Rico I know is pretty restrictive in the 2nd Amendment Department.... so good luck doing what ever you need to do.

Also your uncle cannot buy it for you.... because that's a straw purchase.

ETA: Link

This link should help you out for your local laws. However, you should check your actual laws yourself through whatever agency handles such local matters.
NRA-ILA Puerto Rico Gun Law

Link Posted: 8/20/2009 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I wan't buy a rifle in florida to shoot in florida not in puerto rico the PR laws is irrelevant because I go to live in florida not in PR the question is what documents I need to buy a rifle in florida

Driver License (I have a PR license when I arrive to florida I go to change for a US license not problem with that)
Backgorund check

my question is I need a proof of residency I mean my own property I can buy a rifle living in my uncle house ??

its nessesary a electric and water bill ??

or living certan time in the florida to buy a rifle ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2009 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Driver License (I have a PR license when I arrive to florida I go to change for a US license not problem with that)

Backgorund check

AFAIK you should be good to go after establishing your residency at your Uncle's house and getting your your FL driver license. AFAIK as a US citizen you don't need to document the minimum 90 day residency requirement with utility bills etc. that an non-citizen immigrant alien would have to do.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top