Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:19:10 PM EDT
I have an upper(barrel and upper, no bcg) for sale and some one from Canada has contacted me about buying it. what are the legal implications/ procedures for shipping it to Canada?

Wes
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not...ITAR regulations and such.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
That would be exporting firearm parts with out a license.

I would say NO.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem with the Canadian side. Big problem with ITAR . The US side makes you jump through hoops and paperwork. Takes forever as well. Some items such as flash hiders , shorter than 16" barrels etc are not exportable form the US ( unless end user is mil / LE )

Not worth the BS
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Do a search on 'ITAR'  (International Traffic in Arms Regulations).

The State Department runs a nice site.
http://pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
It is a real PITA to make sure something is not covered.

Things that would appear fine (like barrels) are named in the law as restricted, and plenty of other things with military uses.

There is a reason exporters earn $$ to get the required license and get things out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top