Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2002 5:38:00 PM EDT
Some of you might be able to set this straight for me. Ive got a preban M11/9 and am wanting to put a longer barrel ext. on to make it to 16in. and then put a stock on. Some info on another site suggested that I regester it as an AOW in its shortest form then I could put whatever I want on it. So I guess the ? is does this still take the 200 buck stamp to register it as it is now? Or should I just be able to do it without any atf papers? (I just wanted to play with it as a carbine once in a while but also as the pistol it is.)       TIA        BTW this is only a semi auto. [heavy]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Either weld the  fake suppressor to the barrel, [b]OOOOPPSSS!! About 1 inch TOO short[/b],,just went and measured with the COBRAY fake can.

Looks like only option is to get the 16" carbine upper, or something to bring barrel length to 16",, and then attach the stock. Then you are free to go back to "pistol", but remember,,NO stock with the 5" upper on it, or you will have an unregistered "SBR".
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
if its a AOW it can [/b]NEVER[/b] have a buttstock
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top